• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a smith good with AKs

carny2k

NES Member
I am looking to add an optic rail to an AK so I am looking for an AK smith ideally in southeastern MA or RI. Does anyone know of anyone?

Thanks

Pretty easy to add an optic rail to an AK without a gunsmith, what kind of AK is it and what kind of mount do you have in mind?
74u I want to add a Bulgarian style side optic mount but I don't have the tools to remove and re-rivet an AK.

74u I want to add a Bulgarian style side optic mount but I don't have the tools to remove and re-rivet an AK.
This guy actually makes Krinks from flats. on RT.1.

He's done some work on one of my Saiga's that another popular NES shop botched the work on.

Would recommend.

If you can bear driving a little farther than your desired range, the only place for you is MacPherson firearms in NH.

He's done some work on one of my Saiga's that another popular NES shop botched the work on.

Would recommend.

I bet he's excellent. How are his prices for smithing work?

I can't help but notice that his retail prices are... I'll just use the word "optimistic."

Could always go with something like this if your goal is just to get a side mount and don’t care about being a purist

Would recommend.

That would be nice, except for the message plastered on his front page. 😂

NOTE: We are not taking new work at the moment due to backlog in 2023

It's not really a gun shop. The public area is like 5x10.

His labor prices are fair if I remember correctly

That's good to hear.

I called him once about an AR180 he was selling, asking if he could drop the price from "butt-rape astronomical" to merely "horrifically astronomical," and he said no. Because he'd "just gotten it in."

Mind you, I'd been looking at it on his website for at least six months at that point. :rolleyes: He still has that same rifle on sale at the same asking price, and it's been several years now.

That's good to hear.

I called him once about an AR180 he was selling, asking if he could drop the price from "butt-rape astronomical" to merely "horrifically astronomical," and he said no. Because he'd "just gotten it in."

Mind you, I'd been looking at it on his website for at least six months at that point. :rolleyes: He still has that same rifle on sale at the same asking price, and it's been several years now.
He's mega old school. All I can say is he does what he says he'll do and he knows how to metalwork.

In terms of being a businessesman, for sure not his area of expertise. He should be another ratworks or nodak spud. He has the skills for it. But looking at his location he's happy with it but it's for sure incredibly limited growth/expansion/etc.

He's mega old school. All I can say is he does what he says he'll do and he knows how to metalwork.

In terms of being a businessesman, for sure not his area of expertise. He should be another ratworks or nodak spud. He has the skills for it. But looking at his location he's happy with it but it's for sure incredibly limited growth/expansion/etc.

Yeah, I drive past there all the time. I can't believe a nationally-recognized 07 guy works out of that shack, but to put it another way? It looks exactly like the kind of place where a gunsmithing Yoda would hang out. I wouldn't hesitate to bring a gun there if it needed work.

Would recommend.

funny that. same here. had a very popular shop screw up my vepr and he fixed it quickly and well

Is it a kit build or something? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Bulgarian 74 underfolder.
it's a krink kit build. side fold

Could always go with something like this if your goal is just to get a side mount and don’t care about being a purist
I want it done properly

funny that. same here. had a very popular shop screw up my vepr and he fixed it quickly and well
Mine was paint that the vendor didn't block off the barrel at all and got f***ing paint in the bore/chamber. I'm lucky it didn't explode. Was having extraction problems. He got all thar shit out.

Would recommend.

I reached out. Thanks.

That's good to hear.

Well, if you wait a few more with inflation and all you'll get it at a bargain rate.

Back
Top Bottom