Looking for club (NW of Boston)

Unless there happens to be an event going on, you wouldn't get into Harvard. It's members only, and has a gate. Westford may be the same way, I've never been there myself. I'd be happy to show you around Harvard, but I don't currently have a keycard to get into the indoor range. I've really gotta get me a new keycard...

Westford has Trap open to the public on Sundays at 1, so the gate is open. Someone is usually happy to show you around.

Thank you all for your input! In terms of location, Harvard is 9 minutes (according to google map) further than Westford. So, it's kind of a toss up. I thought I heard that Harvard indoor range was only for .22 caiber handguns. It would seem I was mistaken. I can't seem to find out too much about Harvard's indoor range from their website.

What's left is to go and visit. Would stopping by either of the clubs on a Sunday afternoon to take a look make sense? I figure that way I wouldn't have to inconvenience anyone to meet me at the club just to show me around...wouldn't want to be viewed as a trespasser though, some clubs seem to take that quite seriously.
I would be happy to take you for a tour of the Harvard club almost any day of the week. I live in Westford. Just pm me and we can set up a time. I am about six miles from both Harvard & westford, but HSC has much more to offer unless you are in to formal trap & sporting clays. You can shoot any non magnum pistol in the HSC indoor. Everything has just been re-furbished & it screwed up the card system, so we cannot gain entry for around a week.

Does Harvard have hunting and fishing on the property? Westford has a stocked trout pond and a licensed game preserve. You can release birds to hunt longer than the regular bird seasons, and hunt deer on the property during dear season. I agree that Harvard has more to offer pistol and rifle shooters, and I plan to join there for that reason. I joined Westford mainly because of location. Harvard has more pistol and rifle facilities, Westford has more for shotgun. They're both excellent clubs.

Harvard just became a Class B CSP. I don't think they've stocked any birds yet.
But you can still hunt on the property. One of the members mentioned seeing coyote tracks last year. don't know about fishing, though, although there is a pond and a creek on the property.

Hi Prepper,

I am not sure exactly where you live, so I am not sure if this club would work for you - Andover Sportmen's Club,

LOL.... I made that post over a year ago, was surprised that it got revived. I've been with WSC since last summer. 1. its a good club to go to, and 2. it is closer to me than Harvard.

To the other poster wanting to visit, try sending a PM to Jim Conway; he sponsored me at WSC and is also in charge of the outdoor pistol range. I might be there this Sunday afternoon if I can convince my friend that shooting would be more fun than whatever else he was hoping to do. We'll see...

I did a search for threads discussing Westford and Harvard SC's, and your's was the closest thread to what I was looking for, a lot of great posts and info. Also, I am not exactly sure if people like new threads discussing things in a previous thread, so I just added my questions about the 2 clubs onto your thread. Hope you don't mind. And thanks everyone for all the input about the 2 clubs, and for the offers to show me around. Much appreciated!

Woburn Sporstmen's Association

I've read some of the opinions about the WSA in this thread. The 10-round magazine limit and the one shot every two seconds doesn't really bother me. Does anyone know the about any restrictions on the indoor pistol range. Is it 24/7 or 2 person minimum? I heard the availability of the range is limited during the week. Any information would be helpful.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom