• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for input on a Medical First Responder Class

I am thinking about offering a medical first responder class that is geared for Private Security, Range Staff, and others in private industry that could be called upon to act in a medial emergency. This class goes far beyond first aid training. The program is provided by a internationally known organization (ASHI) and exceeds state requirements for First responder Training. It can be made affordable, maybe $300 per person , if I can get 7 or 8 students, however it will require 40 hours of perfect attendance.

Here's the dilemna: It's going to take 4 to 5 days, Saturdays, Sundays, and a week night or two. I would like to offer it in January but I figure everybody is going to be broke after Christmas and $300-$350 bucks during a down and deteriorating economy might be a tough sell.

I need to know, what price and schedule and payment terms would make this attractive to the most students? I just want your thoughts and suggestions. I would really like to teach this course.

The curriculum includes:

Introduction to EMS Systems
Well Being of an Emergency first Responder
Legal and Ethical Issues
Documentation and Communications
Lifting and Moving Patients
Airway Management & Ventilation
Patient Assessment
CPR and AED
Medial Emergencies
Bleeding, Soft Tissue Wounds and Shock Management
Musculoskeletal Injuries