Looking for sear housing assembly for an M&P

LuvDog

NES Member
Any local shops or smiths have the S&W replacement sear housing assembly in stock for an M&P? I'm looking for the one without the mag disconnect.

I know I can push out the pin and rig in a spring to fix the problem, but to be honest, I'd prefer a replacement.

MW and brownells are out of stock and from what I've read they won't be getting new ones.

So. Any locals shops have one... Or does anyone else have a lead on one?

Any local shops or smiths have the S&W replacement sear housing assembly in stock for an M&P? I'm looking for the one without the mag disconnect.

I know I can push out the pin and rig in a spring to fix the problem, but to be honest, I'd prefer a replacement.

MW and brownells are out of stock and from what I've read they won't be getting new ones.

So. Any locals shops have one... Or does anyone else have a lead on one?

If you can tolerate not having the sear disconnect lever (so you pull the trigger to get the slide off, like a Glock) then you don't need a spring.

What is the point of that sear disconnect lever? Just so you don't have to pull the trigger to break it down?

We did the mag disconnect delete on my buddies M&P and I honestly see no reason why you shouldn't just do it this way. Seems like you are looking for an expensive fix for what really isn't even a problem, and can be changed without hazard for 54 cents.

Mike

If you can tolerate not having the sear disconnect lever (so you pull the trigger to get the slide off, like a Glock) then you don't need a spring.

Are you you saying to just remove all 4 parts? The pin, spring and both levers? Any downside to that?

What is the point of that sear disconnect lever? Just so you don't have to pull the trigger to break it down?

We did the mag disconnect delete on my buddies M&P and I honestly see no reason why you shouldn't just do it this way. Seems like you are looking for an expensive fix for what really isn't even a problem, and can be changed without hazard for 54 cents.

Mike

From what I've seen leaving the sear disconnect lever in place doesn't stop you from being able to pull the trigger to field strip. It just gives you the option.

As for expensive.... I don't really think $25 for a part is all that expensive when it is engineered from the beginning to operate the way I want. It's supposed to better too with upgraded plunger and spring.

There's just something about cutting down a spring from a disposable pen for my gun that seems iffy.

Right now I'm just looking at options and looking for opinions too.

Yeah, that's its function. Pulling the trigger as part of the disassembly just doesn't sit well with some folks, and it's a feature list item to try and distinguish it from Glocks I guess.

Are you you saying to just remove all 4 parts? The pin, spring and both levers? Any downside to that?

I believe I left the pin in place but it's been awhile so I don't recall. There's no downside as far as I can tell unless you want to retain the "don't have to pull the trigger for takedown" feature.

From what I've seen leaving the sear disconnect lever in place doesn't stop you from being able to pull the trigger to field strip. It just gives you the option.

That's correct, on an unmodified gun you can just pull the trigger (if it's a model with a magazine disconnect, you'd either need the magazine installed or you'd need to otherwise disengage the magazine disconnect).

I have a M&P45 that came with a magazine disconnect and of course the sear disconnect. When I installed the Apex DCAEK (or however they spell it) I removed both of those parts and the spring, and I may have removed the pin. I don't recall whether I reinstalled the pin or not, I don't remember if it connects to anything else.

I've had zero function issues with mine, and because mine came with a magazine disconnect I don't have the ugly warning printed on the slide.

Last edited:
If I had realized that that lever served no function I probably would have just advised my buddy to forgo even buying a spring to put in it and just ditched that whole assembly all together. I just used the trigger to break his down, way easier. If you aren't competent to clear out your gun before you disassemble it, then you have no business owning one, just my 2 cents.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom