• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Louisiana sporting goods store employees terminated after chasing thief who stole firearm: report

Seeing as she was working in the ammunition department at the time, she should have stayed at her post.

Stores should be able to activate a trap at the door so shoplifters are caught in an aluminum cage and shaken until their brains are liquid, then dumped into the parking lot to feed coyotes and ravens as a sign to other shoplifters.

Can also be used for annoying Karens and Salvation Army Santas who ring their bells too excessively.

This crap would stop real quick.

Stores should be able to activate a trap at the door so shoplifters are caught in an aluminum cage and shaken until their brains are liquid, then dumped into the parking lot to feed coyotes and ravens as a sign to other shoplifters.

Can also be used for annoying Karens and Salvation Army Santas who ring their bells too excessively.

Getting there. Slowly.

Or they just pull their tent stakes and everybody suffers.
Dye packs like the banks use could help warn the rest of the population of these thieves.

My nephew almost lost his job at Wegmans after trying to stop a shoplifter, nothing physical just tried to block them from leaving.
He has since left.

I tell all new employees: "Nothing anyone can carry out of this store is worth your life, or one hour of the legal department's time. It's not yours, it's the company's, and the company says to let them go."

I tell all new employees: "Nothing anyone can carry out of this store is worth your life, or one hour of the legal department's time. It's not yours, it's the company's, and the company says to let them go."
That's what insurance is for. It's not for defending the company in court because you decided to chase down a thief and they take a tumble and end up in a wheel chair.

That being said I commend these people for doing the right thing for humanity

Getting there. Slowly.

I would have a double doors they’d be locked inside of it. Call the police. We have a slightly similar systems at jobs ive worked , but for a completely different purpose.

It’s a control area, little holding area. It’s kind of convenient for everybody in case the weather is shitty out people get upset when I make them stand in the rain/snow
They are usually more designed for when people coming in… you could always pull the fire station and get out.

If somebody’s going to steal something, the job is typically to observe and report.. but when people get violent, a reasonable level of violence in return is justifiable, it’ll still get you fired though.

If two women wanna have at it or two men want to have at it I’ll observe and report the shit out of that but when it goes beyond that you gotta do something I guess. I’d rather be fired then stand there and watch someone get beat to death or seriously injured.

Back
Top Bottom