LTC A Help

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
Hey guys i have a little problem that i might just be paranoid about. I currently have a Class A with restrictions Because the town i got it in doesn't give CCW unless you need it for a job. I now live in a town who said they don't have a problem giving it to me. For me to get it on my license i would have to have my old town early cancel my license and then i would have to re-apply through my new town. The problem i have is that i feel that when i get my license canceled and go to apply with my new town somehow when it goes through it will be denied and then i will be up the creek and wont be able to obtain the license and the firearms i do own will be illegal. Am i just being paranoid?

Hey guys i have a little problem that i might just be paranoid about. I currently have a Class A with restrictions Because the town i got it in doesn't give CCW unless you need it for a job. I now live in a town who said they don't have a problem giving it to me. For me to get it on my license i would have to have my old town early cancel my license and then i would have to re-apply through my new town. The problem i have is that i feel that when i get my license canceled and go to apply with my new town somehow when it goes through it will be denied and then i will be up the creek and wont be able to obtain the license and the firearms i do own will be illegal. Am i just being paranoid?

If you got the information first hand from your chief or the licensing officer, you shouldn't have a problem. You might have a problem getting your old town to cancel the license. From reading different posts here, it seems that some towns don't like to cancel existing licenses so people can be "upgraded."

I wish you best of luck.

Just communicate your plan with both PD's ahead of time... This has been done before with varying degrees of resistance from the canceling PD, but they should do it... Your new PD should be able to tell you in reasonable terms what their issuance policy will be - if you have an LTC and nothing changed, you have no reason to expect a denial...

Be aware that with the various delays in this process it is entirely possible for the any one of the 3 points in the system (PD1, CHSB, PD2) to delay and leave you without an LTC for an unspecified amount of time while they process...

You might put some thought into storage with a licensed friend or family member just in case... [wink]

Yea i have talked to both PD's in the recent past and there is no problem on either end. I am just not crazy about storing my firearms with a friend and being without my license for a while haha, and the whole possible denial thing. but its worth a shot.

If you've cleared it on both ends, go for it! Follow cekim's advice: line up a trusted friend or relative to hold your guns if the process breaks down along the way.

Let us know how it goes.

Just chiming in here, and have no clue. But couldn't you just "renew" your license in the new Town. Yeah it may be a few years early, but I can't see a State run agency denying extra income.

Back
Top Bottom