• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1A's in Mass - Flash Suppressors / Bayo Lug Question

That's exactly why I'm confused. An M1a/M14 with a bayonet lug and flash hider meets criteria for AW, but the MA.gov produced FAQ explicitly lists M1a and a weapon substantially like it not. Hurray MA gun laws...

I'm trying to build a CMP Service Rifle/Springfield match legal rifle. The receiver is from Bula. I'm not too attatched to the lug idea but a) it looks weird without it and b) the part I just happen to have currently is a NM reamed flash hider with bayo lug. So I would have to trade it.
MA laws are written to a point your breaking them no matter what.!!
Maybe you can get AG to write a confirmation letter like the ATF does/did but like the ATF AG can juzst change her mind. Have her put in writing and cite the laws that confirm her BS.
Other than looks you wont gain or loose anything over a NM flash hider.

Now what about the shoulder thing that goes up?

Cut/grind the horizontal tabs off of the lug so it longer functions but will retain the profile.
I do like that idea of preserving the profile.
Does anyone know someone around here that can do touch up parkerizing after I grind it off?

Hey Obi,

I built a Bula M14 and used the NM reamed FH w/o the bayo lug.

It's been a few years, but I think Ig ot mine from Fulton. Flash Suppressor, FA, NM, M14 / M1A

I do agree that a traditional M14 rifle looks better w/ the lug.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the link! There's a M14 gunsmith on the M14 forum that has a few non-lugged NM flash suppressors for slightly cheaper so I'm thinking of getting it from him if I decide to go that route. Beautiful rifle you got there!

Back
Top Bottom