Maine non resident carry

I’m a MA (God help me) LTC holder. Planning on doing some woodcock/grouse out of season scouting in the Katahdin area. Not on Federal land.

I’d like to open carry my kit gun, a .22 revolver. Everything I’m seeing says that shouldn’t be a problem, if I avoid national park properties.

Anybody see an issue?

Thanks

I’m a MA (God help me) LTC holder. Planning on doing some woodcock/grouse out of season scouting in the Katahdin area. Not on Federal land.

I’d like to open carry my kit gun, a .22 revolver. Everything I’m seeing says that shouldn’t be a problem, if I avoid national park properties.

Anybody see an issue?

Thanks
Legally shouldn't be a problem with it.
There are fruit loops that don't like them. I know Roxanne's land wanted them banned for a while. I haven't been up there in a while. Who is the ultimate landowner where you will be going?

I thought it was just federal buildings not land…
Correct. That is why I mentioned one of the largest private landowners in Maine being against them. She can have her own rules. I don't recall if she, or her board, maintained the animosity to the 2A. Lots of large private landowners up there. Just know for certain whose land you're on. Matt
1716924602350.png

Last edited:
Thanks. Mostly planning on asking around, checking (or letting the dog check) anything that the locals say is good. Trying to plan a week in the fall.

Should say that while I would open carry it would be discreet. Outside the waist band draped with a vest.

Back
Top Bottom