Maine State Service Rifle Championship 9/10/05

Here are some of the pictures Tina took on Saturday. I've got the full size images I can pass along if anyone wants them.

Hampden091005_001a.jpg

Hampden091005_002a.jpg

Hampden091005_003a.jpg

Hampden091005_004a.jpg

Hampden091005_005a.jpg

Hampden091005_006a.jpg

Hampden091005_007a.jpg

Hampden091005_008a.jpg

Hampden091005_009a.jpg

Hampden091005_010a.jpg

Hampden091005_011a.jpg

Hampden091005_012a.jpg

Hey, that guy in the red sweatshirt was from Arizona. I didn't hear the whole story but he sort of travels for his work and fits in shoots as he can.
That is dedication.

Lynne said:
That really looked like fun.

It was a great day. A good group of people showed up for the shoot as well. Tina had plenty of time to hang out take pictures and read. She enjoys shooting but she's not interested in High Power.(yet :) ) I'm hoping she'll try the beginners reduced course at Scarborough next year. The weight of the rifle & pressure of the match don't really interest her.

Lynne, A belated Happy Anniversary to you as well!

CD

Sounds like the proper sized crowd for a new shooter to compete with. Looks like I'm going to have to make that one in the future.

Definitely can't make the NH shoot. Guard drill.

Next year I'll give everybody enough warning for the match in Maine. It will be a good time. It's a perfect environment for new shooters to the sport. And after we can all you know drink sodas and stuff. :D

The competition part doesnt even matter. It's all about the fun and companionship. It litterally was one of the best weekends I had this summer.

derek said:
The competition part doesnt even matter. It's all about the fun and companionship. It litterally was one of the best weekends I had this summer.

The biggest reason I lost interest in Bench Rest was that the Experimenters were almost all gone. I was one, but I kept seeing guys that bought there rifles, someone else figured out the load, and they were only interested in winning.

The comraderie is probably the biggest attraction for me. I go to a machine gun shoot every year, and some of us locals get together to shoot (not compete, just shoot) a couple of times a year. Fun times.

DryDock,

How do they run the 600 match in Oct? Same rules as the 600 slowfire? I may try to make the 50 rd match later this month as well. The more practice I can get the better.

CD

Chris, Yes it is the same 20 rounds for score with 2 sighters X 3 relays.
nothing but 600yd. I hope to have my SR upper by then so I'll be getting the dope on it. I may also shoot F class. Sounds like I might see you up there on the 24th.
DD

Dave,

Welcome. It was good shooting with you on Saturday. Thanks for the showing me the ropes with the pits.

CD

How long a ride is Hampden? I see on the map it's just this side of Bangor. I'm thinking it would be fun to give it a try myself. I'm used to running down to northern Va and upstate NY for shoots, so it can't be too bad in comparison.
I just hit the 8 week mark as far as waiting for my match upper to get here.
Everything else is all set and ready to go. This has gotta be the longest 8 weeks of my life.
CJC

From Worcester it's about 4 hours. 95 the whole way. It's not a bad drive, but it can be miserable getting in to NH with traffic.

So, I gotta figure it's a wee bit shorter coming from the south shore. It takes me maybe 40-45 minutes to get up to 128 north of Boston.
Of course, I'm not going anywhere till my upper gets here.

I've skirmished (Civil War blackpowdah competition) in Saratoga, Westerlo, and Middletown NY. Saratoga I can do in 4 hours easy. Middletown is little bit more of a jaunt; 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
I've got friends who shoot HP out at Camp Smith, but I've never been there.

Nickle said:
Where do they shoot High Power in Upstate NY? I'm within 20 miles of the state.

Nickle, I would check out nationalmatch.us/forums

Stuff is listed in there all the time.

TonyD said:
He should have made it a little bigger. I can barely see it!

That could pose a problem. It might be a small contributing factor to an inability to get the sort of scores you'd like on some of those 600yd strings. [roll]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom