Makarov and Tokarev ammo prices?

DW357

NES Member
So I sent in my C&R application a couple weeks ago and they already debited my account so hopefully it will arrive somewhat soon. But in the mean time I've been looking the P64s, CZ-82s, and the various Tokarev pistols for my first couple C&R purchases.

So it seems like the cheap surplus ammo (9x18 and 7.62x25) for these guns has since dried up. I was at a couple shops in NH last week and they had 9x18 steel case ammo for $16 and brass cased 7.62x25 ammo for $25.

Looking online, cheapest 7.62x25 (which is all brass cased) was going for $20 per box shipped. The cheapest 9x18 ammo (steel cased) I found online, when it gets back in stock, was $13 per box shipped.

I'm new to these guns so I don't want to overpay for ammo. I'll probably buy a P64 or CZ-82 (if I can find one) since the ammo definitely seems to be cheaper for these guns than the Tokarevs.

First off I would go with a cz82 vs the p64. The cz82 is 13 rounds and far better trigger. Also I will add "unless it is broken do not disassemble the cz82 "
Ammo has gone up and the x18 and x25 is no exception.
7.62x25 is a bottle neck cartridge. Back in 2010/11 wolf gold 762x25 was about 18$ shipped for 50 rounds.
I personal have never seen surplus 9x18. The cheapest stuff I ever came across was barnul made in Russia. Was 9$/50 vs 12$/50 back in 2012. I stocked up well enough not to check prices in the past few years.
I really don't shoot my "surplus" pistols asxmuch as I used to ...have not in a over a year. Shoot rifle and shotgun when I get out.
I would like to pick up a another 82. They are nice toss on a set of marchal grips to dress it up a bit.

I was really shocked at the accuracy of my P64 at 50', I'd definitely recommend one since they are readily available right now. I used the Red Army ammo you picked up for me through it and very pleased with the performance.

I should also add that these online prices are if you buy a 1000 round case. Don't think I'd need/want that much ammo until I see how I like these pistols. If these are fair online prices, I'd be willing to split a case with someone, if you live near me.

I was really shocked at the accuracy of my P64 at 50', I'd definitely recommend one since they are readily available right now. I used the Red Army ammo you picked up for me through it and very pleased with the performance.
This is true I liked mine but not enough to keep it. The 82 is accurate also....at least I shoot it better than some of my other pistols.

First off I would go with a cz82 vs the p64. The cz82 is 13 rounds and far better trigger. Also I will add "unless it is broken do not disassemble the cz82 "
Ammo has gone up and the x18 and x25 is no exception.
7.62x25 is a bottle neck cartridge. Back in 2010/11 wolf gold 762x25 was about 18$ shipped for 50 rounds.
I personal have never seen surplus 9x18. The cheapest stuff I ever came across was barnul made in Russia. Was 9$/50 vs 12$/50 back in 2012. I stocked up well enough not to check prices in the past few years.
I really don't shoot my "surplus" pistols asxmuch as I used to ...have not in a over a year. Shoot rifle and shotgun when I get out.
I would like to pick up a another 82. They are nice toss on a set of marchal grips to dress it up a bit.

Yeah I really liked the looks and capacity of the CZ-82 when I was at Collectable Arms last Friday. At $20-$25 per box for 7.62x25, I couldn't see myself shooting it that often either.

I have 1500 rounds of loose 7.62x25 military surplus brass cased ammo. What do you all think it's worth? I was going to build my PPSH41 kit but me thinks it may be something I should bail out of...so many kits, so little time[frown]

Okay so you paid about $18 for x25 a couple years ago. Now I can get it for $20 so that's not too bad of a jump I guess. Any tips on where to find a CZ-82? The few online C&R vendors I know of, are sold out. I wish I could buy one at Collectable Arms but no pistols to MA residents, only long guns. He had some real nice looking CZs.

I have 1500 rounds of loose 7.62x25 military surplus brass cased ammo. What do you all think it's worth? I was going to build my PPSH41 kit but me thinks it may be something I should bail out of...so many kits, so little time[frown]

I assume this stuff is corrosive? Any pros/cons with the surplus vs new factory ammo? I assume the only negative thing is that it's corrosive?

I presume it is. A couple of quick strokes with a Windex soaked patch up and down the bore after you shoot it and corrosives are gone!

Yeah I figured it must be easier/quicker than cleaning my mosin after shooting corrosive surplus.

What country is it from? That makes a big difference. I think the bulgarian stuff is supposed to be pretty bad/dangerous.

How's the Brown Bear lacquer coated 9x18 ammo? Can get a 500 rd case shipped for $133.

The brown bear isn't bad. I have never had an issue with it through my ij70 Russian mark. I have some of you want to try it. We aren't far apart. I used to buy the Chinese surplus for $5-6 a box when I got my mak but that was 191195-2002. It was decent ammo

The brown bear isn't bad. I have never had an issue with it through my ij70 Russian mark. I have some of you want to try it. We aren't far apart. I used to buy the Chinese surplus for $5-6 a box when I got my mak but that was 191195-2002. It was decent ammo

Wow, $5-6 a box. Seems like $13 a box is the cheapest now.

That was why I bought it. 13 is rather low. I see it on store shelves 15-25. Haven't had luck on a place that ships. I did stock up but I would jump on part of a case

I assume this stuff is corrosive? Any pros/cons with the surplus vs new factory ammo? I assume the only negative thing is that it's corrosive?

my romanian tok shoots night and day accuracy wise from the bulk corrosive x25 vs wolf gold x25.

Just ordered the last 500 rd case of brown bear 9x18. $133. I would have bought more to split with a few people but that was all they had.

Yeah left that out didnt I. Wolf gold was much better its also not as stout. The military stuff I have runs 1650-1700 fps with a average of 1662fps. Wolf was mild @ 1430fps

Good to know. I wish the ammo for these guns was a little cheaper but I can't see myself shooting them at every range trip.

I might be interested in buying some depending on price and country of origin lol.

My P64 is amazingly accurate. It's a nice little gun, just wish the mag carried more than 6. Still very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom