Man Shot In Back While Target Shooting In Michigan

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/06/14/news/doc4c16255fbe720759688937.txt

Monday, June 14, 2010

ANTWERP TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a man remains hospitalized with “serious injuries” after apparently being accidentally shot in the back while target shooting with friends in Antwerp Township.

Michigan State Police Sgt. James Bennett said about 5:30 p.m. Sunday three men were target shooting behind a residence, about 140 miles west of Detroit.

Bennett tells the Kalamazoo Gazette that the incident appears to be an “an unfortunate accident. Troopers report that the man was shot with a small-caliber rifle.

The name of the victim and his shooting companions have not been released.

A message seeking further information was left Monday with police.

Shrug.gif

Small caliber. Probably a bunch of guys messing around in the backyard. Probably shooting .22s thinking lesser of them because they're smaller round. Very much still lethal. I have no problem with Darwin coming into play here. I just have a problem when firearms are involved and it gives the media and general public to think gun owners are irresponsible. Too bad.

Nice misleading headline. It made it sound like some guy was just minding his own business at the range and got shot while doing so.

-Mike

I just don't understand these people. [thinking]

It'd be different if guns could go off at anytime like anti's think they do. But barring rare circumstances such as poorly maintained/cheap/unreliable firearms, these stories should never happen.

If the shooter and the shootee are related, there's probably a large family inheritance somewhere. Just a hunch.

Back
Top Bottom