Mass. HP Championship canceled

PatMcD

NES Member
Bob B. emailed me and said due to rain, they are canceling Saturday's match and moving it to Sunday. I guess that eliminates the EIC?

I would emagine @ 600 yards in the rain the target gets hard to see. Aside from overall safety considerations. I Hate cancellations do to rain, unless theres light'n bolts fly'n

If it's too wet, the pasters tend to come off the target.

It's not the match rifle shooters melting, it's the guys with wooden guns. [laugh2]

B

The worst thing about shooting in the rain is how much work it is and how much money it cost to build new targets.

I know there's a few people here that know exactly how long it takes to build 16 new 200/300 yard targets and 16 new 600 yard targets.

If your a shooter in the category of people that can; show up, pay your match fees shoot and then go home to clean your gear, reload and your work is done you're missing out on alot of the fun....

G smith good point, same reason they cancell local football/basball/soccer games if the least amount of rain comes. Grass gets beat to hell and they cant sell enough tickets, thats right tickets for local games?

We're still on for tomorrow. Bring your rain gear.

Big Thanks!
To Bob, Charlie, John and the Reading Rifle crew for putting on a great Championship match in no so great conditions yesterday.

Also congradulations to Bob Ward for capturing the State Champion title again.

There were a few VERY good scores shot yesterday which is very amazing because during some of the relays @ 600 it was very hard to get a sight picture thru the rain/fog.

NH's Rodrigo Rosa had the Top Score of the day.
198-8 Offhand, 200-13 Sitting Rapid, 200-10 Prone Rapid, 199-8 600 Prone 1 & 199-9 600 Prone 2 = 996-48X That is some serious hard holding!

NH's Rich Skowronski High Service Rifle and Winner of Master Class
195-2, 199-9, 196-8,186-3,193-4 = 969-28
Rich's HM Card will be in the mail soon after shooting the Creedmoor Cup matches.

I also want to give a big thanks to the Reading crew for the work they did on modifying the target carriers to improve the light that hits the target faces. HUGE.... improvement over how dark the targets used to be there.

Last edited:
George, you kicked some ass yourself. You would have won the master class if Rich had entered as a HM. In any case 964-25x in those conditions and away from your home range is pretty damn impressive. Nice job.

Kyle overcame some major ammo and equipment issues and put up a respectable score too. Overall it was a great match and a lot of fun.

I appreciate everyone helping out Kyle with his ammunition. He has what he needs to fix the problem.

Great match with great people. Thanks everyone.

B

I appreciate everyone helping out Kyle with his ammunition. He has what he needs to fix the problem.

Great match with great people. Thanks everyone.

B

and i appreciate him shooting my ammo @ 600. I guess thrown charges WILL shoot X's [laugh]

i hammered @ 600. much past that, yikes. i need to buckle down and get my head out of my ass

Massachusetts High Power Championship June 3 2012
This is New England and those of us that have been around for while know to expect almost anything in weather for early June. Well we got rain, and more rain. The match was delayed a day due to terrible conditions. Sunday was at least decent, with some rain, wind, drizzle and mist tormenting the shooters throughout the day. The match was hosted by Reading Rifle and Revolver, the match was staffed by Bob Belanger and John Dunn with several of Bob’s family doing data entry and working the pits. Thirty Six shooters participated in this year’s match, a little less than normal due to the weather. We had shooters from Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and of course Massachusetts. Rod Rosa, shooting a TUBB Rifle in 6xc,led the field by shooting a 996-48 followed by Brian Murphy , shooting a 6mm RAT, with a 988-39, but both of these guys are from out of state (to win the trophy you must be a resident). Taking third overall and winning the Mass State High Power Championship was Bob Ward. Bob fired a 985-44 with his 6mm RAT to take procession from last year’s winner and runner up Charlie Trickett 982-35.
Bob Ward has won this championship 8 eight times, he has also won the Service Rifle Trophy 2 times, he is a Distinguished Rifleman, Presidents 100, a member of the 495, 792 and 990 clubs and has won the High Senior trophy at Camp Perry while setting a National Record, Bob is also the President of Reading Rifle and Revolver.
Taking the Master category was Rich Skowronski, shooting a service rifle with a 969-29 and winning the Expert category is Harry Ford also shooting a service rifle with a 918-17.
The High Junior award went to Verne Conant, shooting a service rifle with a 955-25; Verne is the first junior to be awarded a new trophy this year. The Trophy was donated by John Dunn; it is a cast of the famous 1895 Remington “Bronco Buster” on a mahogany base.
We wish to thank several national companies for donating prizes to the match; they were awarded as follows;
Rod Rosa, Barlien Barrel certificate
Bob Ward, White Oak T2K Barrel
Vern Conant, Krieger Barrel coupon and White Oak Tee Shirt
Harry Ford, Sierra Bullet coupon and White Oak Tee Shirt
Rich Skowronski, Berger Bullet coupon and White Oak Tee Shirt
For complete results of the match, and to view Reading schedule of matches please visit readinghighpower.com. Reading Rifle and Revolver is located in Reading MA and is the only 600 yard range in MA. We hold several across the course matches thru-out the year along with other mid-range matches and championships that are open to all competitors. See match bulletins for details.

Always a well run match.
I can't get into the match results for some reason. It makes me save it to my computer, but then I can't open it. Any way I can get it as a pdf or something?

Back
Top Bottom