Mass Rifle B.O.D. approves new Target Retieval System for Loeb Range

Paul, that is great news! Lets hope everybody treats the new equipment respectfully - as if it were their own!

How is this club as a whole? I went on their message board and asked some questions and got great feedback and the members in the forum seem like good people. I was going to join Woburn Sportsman but after reading about their trials and tribulations I came across Mass Rifle.

The 24x7 Indoor Range was a plus and the Fun Shoot day seems like the day to join up so you get a price break and also a chance to win a $100 voucher for Four Seasons Guns. So before I go and join any members here wanna give me the scoop?

Thanks
Rick

How is this club as a whole? I went on their message board and asked some questions and got great feedback and the members in the forum seem like good people. I was going to join Woburn Sportsman but after reading about their trials and tribulations I came across Mass Rifle.

The 24x7 Indoor Range was a plus and the Fun Shoot day seems like the day to join up so you get a price break and also a chance to win a $100 voucher for Four Seasons Guns. So before I go and join any members here wanna give me the scoop?

Thanks
Rick

I don't have much experience at other clubs as I'm newly licensed, but I use it usually late at night being a night owl. I like to go when there's no one there, and just take my time with no distractions.

One downside is not being able to draw from a holster.
I'm not sure what other's charge for a fee, but I think I paid something close to 325 or so for pro-rated annual fees + service hours.

Thanks
Rick

I've been a member there since 2001.

I'm not a member at any other club/range to compare it with, but in my estimation it's a pretty nice place.

It is rather expensive, but it's manageable and I usually try to show up on work day and get the discount (it's a fun day anyways).

What I like most about it is the 24/365 accessibility and no range nazis looking over your shoulder. Also, in all my time there I can't ever recall having a bad experience or encounter with other shooters (ie: no Fudd gripes or raised eyebrows over owning EBRs).

It's also only about 10 minutes from me (add about half an hour or more if I stop at 4 Seasons first and eat up time there [smile]).

The trip is even nicer now since Wendys opened a location that just happens to be located on the route I take.

My work schedule gives me a lot of free time off so it allows me to go during the off hours when very few people are there.

Complaints... the aforementioned target retrieval system (the improvements are long over due), and the lighting at the Loeb range (it's awful). The loading one round only on the Summa range
is unnecessary, but it's pretty much ignored.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. Im planning on joining on the Fun Shoot Day so its only $199 and if I can shoot ok i have a chance of winning a $100 Gift Card to Four Seasons..Then all hell breaks loose.

Back
Top Bottom