Massachusetts and Illinois, becoming two peas in a pod? . . .

no_gun_control.JPG

Fight against attempts to limit gun-owners' rights

Why aren't Central Illinois' non-criminal, legal gun owners, collectors, hobby/competition shooters and meat animal hunters addressing opinion pages about Chicago attempts at Illinois gun legislation?

House Bill 731 would make firearms inoperable in homes, inviting burglars, home invaders and rapists.

HB 758 would prohibit selling firearms to friends, curtailing collecting of rare historical firearms.

HB 1503 would ban ownership of your sons' BB guns/air rifles - Red Ryder, Daisy.

HB 1696 would revoke Firearm Owner Identification if your gun is stolen and not reported within 72 hours.

HB 1793 would make you a felon en route to hunting with your unloaded, cased gun in a locked trunk if you pass within 1,000 feet of an airport, bus, train or track.

HB 3633 would allow police to confiscate Firearm Owner Identification and firearms, if an angry spouse makes a complaint and a judge orders it.

Under HB 1078, collections would to be ``monitored'' by Illinois State Police upon an owner's death.

Senate Bill 1471: Manually loaded rifles/shotguns, pump actions, bolt actions, double rifles/double shotguns, long guns become illegal. 50 caliber team competition rifle will be registered with Illinois State Police - can't sell, trade, pass on to descendents.

SB 16: Pistol-grip, short-barreled, pump slug guns with sling - my favored horseback/canoe/backpack/book research/work trip gun for the Northwest, Canada, Yukon and Alaska, for protection from wild animal attack, approved and encouraged by each government - would be illegal.

Grizzlies have simple agendas. Sleep. Wake. Kill anything meat. Eat it. Sleep.

These strictly defensive, last resort, survival weapons for close-in self-protection against killing machines carried during legitimate academic research are proposed to be criminal in Illinois. Why? We're American. Freedom? Inalienable rights? Self-preservation ?

Defeat Chicago legislation. Support Pro 2A Resolution, being presented to McLean County Board for county-by-county approval.

Denny Rogers
Bloomington

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2008/02/02/opinion/letters/130018.txt

I've lived in both states. You would think that I would learn, wouldn't you.
The control in both states is split about evenly between organised crime and liberal social engineers.

Jack

They're competing neck and neck with NJ for the most corrupt
states in the nation... Although gun wise, IL is worse than
nearly every place except for washington DC... mainly because you
can unknowingly break the law just by driving over a county line
with a handgun in your trunk.

-Mike

Start singing: OBAMA, OBAMA!

The scary thing about Obama is in his more distant past he was connected with the "Daley" crowd. Daley and his pals make Boss Tweed look like a lightweight.

-Mike

I AM FROM IL.

Hello everyone, 15 years ago I joined the Marine Corps from Carbondale IL (Southern end of the state). I will not move back there. My plan is to retire to KY due to the crappy gun laws and bad politics within the state of IL. The political machine from Chicago try's to impose it's will on the whole rest of the state. I grew up 5.5 hours away from the big city and it might as well have been the other side of the world. Southern IL is mostly full of honest hardworking folks, mainly Farmers and when I was growing up Coal Miners. Most of these people hunt & shoot. The city and it's nasty political machine are the reason there is no CCW law in the state. Mayor Daily fancies himself the mayor of the whole state. The Governor is as from the same city. And yes these people do have ties to Obama. The problen in IL is they let the Democrats from the north take over. Heck that's why gas is even taxed so high in the state. Prices were always cheaper in MO or KY. The state of IL can take my VA scholarship and shove! I am not the only IL boy transplanted here to the Northeast as I know of others here on this sight.
SMITTY

WAS?

Google "David Axelrod."

Maybe he still is- but he's probably gone to great lengths to try to conceal his affiliation with that band of shysters. The problem is the MSM is still basically trumpeting that Obama is basically clean as a whistle. [puke]

-Mike

I grew up in IL. MA is clearly now picnic for gun owners. However, I do have an unrestricted Class A LTC. In IL, no one has CCW. None, nadda, zippo. And there are a number of cities and towns in IL that have handgun bans.

So while MA sucks for gun owners, IMHO IL sucks harder.

Hello everyone, 15 years ago I joined the Marine Corps from Carbondale IL (Southern end of the state). I will not move back there. My plan is to retire to KY due to the crappy gun laws and bad politics within the state of IL. The political machine from Chicago try's to impose it's will on the whole rest of the state. I grew up 5.5 hours away from the big city and it might as well have been the other side of the world. Southern IL is mostly full of honest hardworking folks, mainly Farmers and when I was growing up Coal Miners. Most of these people hunt & shoot. The city and it's nasty political machine are the reason there is no CCW law in the state. Mayor Daily fancies himself the mayor of the whole state. The Governor is as from the same city. And yes these people do have ties to Obama. The problen in IL is they let the Democrats from the north take over. Heck that's why gas is even taxed so high in the state. Prices were always cheaper in MO or KY. The state of IL can take my VA scholarship and shove! I am not the only IL boy transplanted here to the Northeast as I know of others here on this sight.
SMITTY

I've driven many times from Cook County to Will County and further beyond. I have always been amazed at how fast the prices come down. I don't know if people know but Cook County has a LARGE REFINERY as well. So transportation costs are bunk. They rip off everyone in Cook County.

The new Governor even claims that his office is in Chicago instead of the capital of Springfield so that he can receive free transportation to Springfield courtesy of the state government.

The last governor is facing years of JAIL TIME.

Any fan of ST: Voyager should be ashamed of supporting the wife of the last IL Governor!

Bill

Preach it, Smitty!

I grew up in Evanston, just north of Chicago. Chicago was and still is a cesspool. Unfortunately, the Daley machine controls Chicago and Chicago controls the state.

I go back to IL only when important family obligations require it. I will never move back there.

Back
Top Bottom