Massachusetts+ TC Contenders/G2's?

Can anyone here give me some information on whether or not we'll be able to buy them as a handgun in this state?

I seem to recall not all that long ago, there was a bill passed to allow target handguns for sale in this state that didn't fit Herr Riley's definition.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks

Unlikely as long as the AGs CMR regs are still in effect (it would still need to be certified to qualify for the EOP roster).

The target bill wouldn't apply to it since it's primarily a hunting gun and has been marketed as such.

Now that S&W owns the company, anything is possible.

We'll have to wait and see what shakes out with TC-S&W.

I didn't know S&W bought Thompson Center.

It does improve the chances of TC handguns being permitted to be sold in this state, but I wouldn't count on it. From a business/profit making standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to alter a proven tested product that's been around for ages for such a small market (I don't believe S&W has come out with a post-ban version of their M&P AR-15s yet[thinking] ).

Last edited:
We'll have to wait and see what shakes out with TC-S&W.
Ever see what a spider does to a fly?
I don't have a good feeling about this.
I think that T-C's manufacturing and investment casting operation is what S&W was after.
Their AR clone is all manufactured by subcontractors and assembled in house.
I'm finding it hard to imagine S&W chomping at the bit to make muzzle loaders and single shot hunting pistols. Sure hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom