May Machine Gun Shoot!!

Sorry, but I had to put exclamation points behind this, because machine guns excite me.
Hanson Rod and Gun Club is having one in May, I was wondering how big it is, as far as demonstrations. Anyone have any previous experience with this shoot, or is this the first time at Hanson?

Thanks
Tim

.... Anyone have any previous experience with this shoot, or is this the first time at Hanson?

Thanks
Tim

They have been doing it for several years now (not sure how many exactly) I've been going for the last few years. It's normally held Memorial day weekend.

Bring money. Lots and lots of money. Shooting full auto goes quickly and isn't cheap. LOL!! It was recently moved to Memorial Day Weekend and made a two day affair. I've had the pleasure of shooting several different types there. Thompson and the Glock 18 were my favorites but the M-58 was pretty cool too.

Never ponied up the bucks to shoot the Quad 50 or the GE mini gun but that looks like fun!

I can't wait. The dealer I usually frequent gave some estimated prices for renting. This just might put me in the poorhouse..............

yeah....gonna be poor that week!

I can't wait. The dealer I usually frequent gave some estimated prices for renting. This just might put me in the poorhouse..............

I was looking at the web flyer as well and, while there are no prices listed (don't want to scare anyone away?) I imagine, at full auto, one could go through ammo fast enough to make it outrageous without even renting! Add in the cost of renting and it's just completely unreasonable...and I will see you there on Saturday morning. [smile]

So, what types of numbers was your dealer (sorry I just love using that word) talking about?

I went in '06. It was a blast! Maybe I'll go again this year. I think I spent at least $200 last time. My roomate fired the GE minigun, here's a pic of him blowing through cash faster than Robert Downey Junior at a strip club:

P5282657s.jpg

Talked to a member @ the Springfield show ( they had a booth). It sounded to me like basically you were buying ammo at a decent price and the gun was free, 50 BMG $2 a round. I hope to go, tough timing

Talked to a member @ the Springfield show ( they had a booth). It sounded to me like basically you were buying ammo at a decent price and the gun was free, 50 BMG $2 a round. I hope to go, tough timing

Wow, .50bmg for two bucks a round, with a gun to shoot it from? That's cheap!!!. For that price, I'd skip renting the gun and just buy the ammo.

Most .50bmg ammo is going for $2.75 and up.

Many people have made that offer I was told. How could they offer the experience to others. They reload and get enjoyment out of introducing others to the experience, my son and I thought they were nice and looked forward to going

Many people have made that offer I was told. How could they offer the experience to others. They reload and get enjoyment out of introducing others to the experience, my son and I thought they were nice and looked forward to going

You'll have a good time, its a great shoot. I usually attend but plan to be away that weekend.

You'll find that most MG owners are pretty generous about letting others shoot their guns. Can't remember a range trip in eight years that I haven't had at least a few people shoot my guns unless I was alone at the range.

Just for those who are curious to know: Show dates/hours.
Saturday May 25th 9:00am-4:00pm and Sunday May 26th 12:00pm-4:00pm
I too have been to a few of these and even though some of the weapons are expensive to shoot its still pretty cool to hang out and watch and speak with the different people about stuff.

OK let me do my best to answer a few questions. (for those of you who don't know I have been part of running this shoot for the past 3 years, but due to changes w/ my real job, this year I only deal w/ arrainging the MG owners) So I can answer those types of questions...

#1. Go to www.hansonshoot.com for all the info you migh need...
#2. Yes it is a 2 day shoot Memorial Day weekend, (3 years ago when I started running the shoot we changed it from a 1 day event to the current 2 day event) This is about the 15th or so year Hanson has held a shoot...
#3. There are 20 line possitions almost all of them allow the public to shoot thier guns (for a fee of course) expect several hundred MG's to be available, as with years past there are typically 3 mini guns on the line.
#4. There are NO .50 BMG's the line to berm distance is simply to short to safely handle them.
#5. Addmission is $10, prices of the "rentals" is between you and the gun owners...
#6. The club ussually also runs a membership drive that weekend with discounted rates, and there are ussually a few venders around (ie small gunshow).
#7. If you want to shoot you must be 21 or older (hanson town bylaw, not our rule) but they ussual have an airsoft course set up by the club house for "kids"
#8. on saturday during the lunch break we expect to have the annual demo by a Police SWAT team, and sunday befor the main shoot starts there is a suppressor demonstration...

Again check out www.hansonshoot.com for more info, sorry if I haven't been on the boards more answering this years batch of questions, been a little busy...

But come and enjoy it Memorial Day weekend

Back
Top Bottom