McElhiney's - Empty Storefront

I bought several international-style, semi-automatic match pistols from Mac when only he, and one other dealer in the state (Earl Sheehan), had the courage to sell them. Obfuscatory and contradictory Mass. firearms laws scared all other dealers into submission to the cretins on Beacon Hill - none of the dealers would sell the match pistols "because they're not on the list." But Mac stared the morons down and sold the pistols to very grateful competitive marksmen. He will always be held in high esteem by us. Oh, by the way, he was never rude to anyone I know who bought guns from him.

Funny thing about that is he'd sell "off list" stuff like what you mentioned above, but he wouldn't order me a Tommygun saying it wasn't Mass compliant, even though it was.
I knew Eldon since I started shooting in the early 80's, we used to shoot skeet together at Riverside, I remember him selling guns out of the trunk of his car right after he got his FFL. [wink]
I didn't frequent his storefront very often, he seemed to run hot and cold, and prices all over the map.
However, he did take my Detonics Pocket 9 in trade towards a Colt Python (4" Bright Stainless) which was a consignment gun.
I saw that same Detonics on his table at every gun show for the next 5 years, don't know if he ever sold it. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom