Meat Processor/Butcher Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good butcher or meat processor in the Gardner/Athol area that processes venison? I am willing to drive
up to an hour in any direction?

As for recommendations:

1. What type of operation is it?

2. What is a ballpark cost?

3. What sort of "extras" can one have processed from said venison.. (e.g. Salami, sausage, other smoked products).

When I used to live in S.E. Mass. my family used Ventura's in Fall River. Don't know if they still process deer, but they did an awesome job. They made an incredible salami with meat from an
8 pointer I got. But that was years ago. I haven't lived there in years, so I don't know if they still process deer.

Don't know if they process venison, but we've used Adams Farm in Athol to slaughter our wethers (goats). They had a bad fire last December but are rebuilding. We talked to them a month or so ago. As I recall they said they should be back up by at least mid-October, maybe sooner.

E.L. Blood Farm in West Groton on rt 225 is where I get my Pig slaughtered every year for the Pig Roast. If I remember correctly, it's about $100 for the slaughter. Its a USDA operation. 5 Generations and still going. The "standard" list makes sausage and other stuff. I recommend giving them a call at: 978-448-6669

(Also, for anyone who wants great steaks... You show up, tell them what kind of cut and how thick and you can watch them cut it for you. I find most prices are better than Omaha Steaks, and this is FRESH. If you have specific needs (like a huge Porterhouse) you should call ahead and let them know so that they can get the proper animal.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom