Metallic Silhouette - New Bedford!

Metallic Silhouette - New Bedford!
YES you read that right. Starting it up again.

October4, 2015
and
November15, 2015

9:30am-2pm

It will be casual, no pressure, as we get a Silhouette program up and running again.

Tired of punching holes in paper? Want to hear that nice "ring" as the targets fall? Grab your .22lr Rifle and join the Fun

More Info to follow as I get it.![smile]

This is at The Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford on Hixville Road in Dartmouth.

They will never get any of my money until they allow the action sports (IDPA, USPSA and steel shoots) to start back up again.

They will never get any of my money until they allow the action sports (IDPA, USPSA and steel shoots) to start back up again.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this, well...we'll see [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Guys, I'm a member at R&G of NB and also on the Action Pistol Committee. While I like all of you, are beyond pissed off by the BOD actions. I will not boycott another unrelated shooting discipline.
Some guys have gotten together to resurrect another shooting program that had ended and I applaud them for that. The club is not going to get rich off this Silhouette Program. (They already raised dues that I believe was to make up for the loss of Action Pistol)

I suspect most of you who say they won't participate wouldn't come anyway. So let's just let this post be about Silhouette Shooting.

Maybe someone will come along someday and find a way to get Action Pistol back up and running.

Last edited:

quoted again for effect

I suspect most of you who say they won't participate wouldn't come anyway.

You're right. not my cup of tea

only posting with hopes that the BOD gets wind of this

Clue us in on the course of fire. IIRC, you used to have rifle shoots with the pistol targets back in the day. What scale and what ranges? Can we bring a worthy pistol too?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm a member at R&G of NB and also on the Action Pistol Committee. While I like all of you, are beyond pissed off by the BOD actions. I will not boycott another unrelated shooting discipline.
Some guys have gotten together to resurrect another shooting program that had ended and I applaud them for that. The club is not going to get rich off this Silhouette Program. (They already raised dues that I believe was to make up for the loss of Action Pistol)

I suspect most of you who say they won't participate wouldn't come anyway. So let's just let this post be about Silhouette Shooting.

Maybe someone will come along someday and find a way to get Action Pistol back up and running.

That may be true for most. I, for one though, shoot many disciplines at clubs all over eastern Mass and Cape Cod. I shoot almost everything from clays to action pistol, bullseye pistol AND silhouette.

The BOD will never rethink their decision. Your general membership needs to see that the Board's decision is hurting the club; first with increased dues from cutting out a popular income source and secondly by dissuading nonmembers from participating in other events. Only then will the current Board be voted out of existence.

Last edited:
Politics aside for one moment. I'm here to promote Metallic Silhouette. I was shocked and very glad to see there is interest at bringing it back to R&G New Bedford.

These “matches” will be very casual. If you want to jump into Silhouette, Real Deal style, please attend one of the NRA matches in New Hampshire.

New Bedford / N. Dartmouth
Course of Fire: I am personally pushing for Regulation Metallic Silhouette distances. Yards. Not meters as I 'm not certain N.Bedford has room for Rams in Meters?

I am bringing my own personal set of targets and stands.
If the Club's targets are not at regulation distances... well, I'll set up mine. My opinion is that's it's useless to shoot at non-standard distances. Silhouette shooters practice every day and have things setup for a standard set of targets... that's the way it is.

On 1/5 sized NRA animals.
Chickens at 44 yards, Pigs at 60 yards,Turkeys at 77 yards and Rams at 100 yards

Banks of Five animals (five each at a time) Five cartridges loaded each bank. ( so don't miss).[smile]

I have been in contact with the guy incharge of this.
From these conversations via:E-mail I believe there are also a larger set of Targets (pistol size?) I do hope this is true because that opens up the possibilities for pistol, lever action cowboy, ect.
As soon as I know I will Pass on the Info.

WARNING the following opinions are mine and mine only.
When I got back from the National Championships last month I launched into full Crusade Mode. I see a need for more new blood in the Metallic Silhouette world.
I don't care if I'm promoting Silhouette at this club or that club (hell, most of what I do is over 2 hours away).
I am making some videos about Silhouette. I started a small website. I am doing small clinics for new shooters. My head is kinda of spinning actually.... So many people WANT to try some sort of shooting sports. It's a GOOD thing!

I do happen to be a member of R&GNew Bedford. I am happy that ANY kind of matches are starting to happen again. (military match in DECEMBER).
It’s a start.

Last edited:
....This just In!
This is on the Fancy NEW website over at R&G N.B

"Equipment Needed

.22 rifles or pistols with either iron sights or scopes may be used. You will compete against similar equipment."

So hopefully they have some of the larger targets?

....This just In!

"Equipment Needed

.22 rifles or pistols with either iron sights or scopes may be used. You will compete against similar equipment."

At one Time they did have targets for I think it was called "Hunter Pistol"

I'm very interested in this.
Unless a divison of International Lawn Steel Shooting comes to town it looks like this with pistols would be the next best thing.
I love shooting at small target with my revolvers, and I love hearing the ring of steel and better yet seeing it fall over with Silhouette.

I'm very interested in this.
Unless a divison of International Lawn Steel Shooting comes to town it looks like this with pistols would be the next best thing.
I love shooting at small target with my revolvers, and I love hearing the ring of steel and better yet seeing it fall over with Silhouette.
Count me in for lawn steel and possibly traditional silhouette. Candy jar of nickels at the ready.

....This just In!

"Equipment Needed

I'm guessing iron sights competing against iron sights. If I get in on this I'll probably just bring a 10/22 with tech sights.

I am also bringing my trusty 10/22 with techs.... just incase I feel frisky!
Me I hope distances will be 40. 60. 77. 100 . That's the only way to lure Regulars down from N.H or up from C.T. Getting regional participation makes the numbers viable for long term match sustainability.

Mental downshifting..... This is a nice feeling. A local match. Well only a 45 min drive, still in the same state! Sitting reading NE Shooters and drinking coffee before a match... NEVER happens.... sweet.

Last edited:
o.k. [smile][smile] Nice morning to get out and do some shooting. Met a few. nice NES'ers.
I hate the wind!
I just might get back there for the November date.

Posting my quick thoughts in public as I am trying to be contructive, in the nicest way possible.

I think the two gentalmen who are trying hard to get this going again have the right idea and the right attitude. ( I'm not certain all at the club agree). But I do hope they prevail.

I would not call todays event a "match" as more like a bunch of guys plinking. But I do hope it gets more people thinking like this is something they would like to try for real.

I think for a first try it was certainly a success.

The gentalmen incharge had some exellent ideas for how to improve, and make things even more fun next time. I do think they are on the right track. Guys please don't let the nay-sayers get to you. Your attempt at actual real Silhouette should be applauded.[cheers] Much work had to be done just to get to that point. ( it may actually be easyer from here on?)

Keep up the great work. I hope to see you all again soon. I saw possibly some prospects for Silhouette developement canidates (yes my real mission was to scout tallent [wink])

By the way. NICE shooting line.. new and improved infra-structure. Haveing the targets at almost the same hight was also interesting, and nice.

Now... Go Practice!

20151004_092506.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20151004_101659.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Just so there is not confusion, I did not organize this. I did help set -up in the morning and was in contact via e-mails with the guys who did all the hard work getting going.
I am just a shameles promoter of all things Silhouette!

Back
Top Bottom