Milton Shooting

“As we continue to erode the second amendment and refuse to prosecute with mandatory sentencing for offenses such as firearms used in the commission of a felony, such scenes will become all too common," Norfolk District Attorney William Keating, said at a news conference this morning at the police station. "We will use this event to highlight the end goal of our failed polices for additional funding and disarmament, while never acknowledging the underlying social issues at play here. Sorry about your loss to the family and thanks to the shooter for keeping me and the mayor of Boston in these lush political positions.”

“As we continue to erode the second amendment and refuse to prosecute with mandatory sentencing for offenses such as firearms used in the commission of a felony, such scenes will become all too common," Norfolk District Attorney William Keating, said at a news conference this morning at the police station. "We will use this event to highlight the end goal of our failed polices for additional funding and disarmament, while never acknowledging the underlying social issues at play here. Sorry about your loss to the family and thanks to the shooter for keeping me and the mayor of Boston in these lush political positions.”

Is that what he had really said? Or should have said?

WHOA!

The article said no such things!

I've known Bill Keating personally and professionally for 34 years and I can tell you the following:

- He's a very politically astute individual and measures his public words very carefully,
- He's also a very compassionate family man who truly does feel for the victims. [Personal note, I'll bet these "victims" aren't really worthy of much compassion however. Bet it's drug-related and not a random shooting.]
- Bill is very aware that we don't punish people adequately wrt criminals using firearms. He and I have had the conversation privately and he came out and admitted it, even before I raised it.
- He isn't a staunch supporter of the 2ndA but on the other hand he isn't a raving anti either. I know a number of people who told me that they use him as a reference for their LTC . . . I will probably do the same next go-around.

Now, I expect the above MIS-Quote to be something like that which will come out of Mumbles' mouth if he's stupid enough to address the issue.

Now, I expect the above MIS-Quote to be something like that which will come out of Mumbles' mouth if he's stupid enough to address the issue.

I dunno... don't you think that's a little too coherent for Menino? I mean, where's the "Five... ten... blast off" there? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom