Mitt Romney's Anti-Gun Past Chronicled

It won't change my opinion about Mittens, but I still would love to download a copy of the 200pager to read. The link in the article is dead, if anyone knows where to download this thing, please post.

‘I’ve always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will.

that quote always cracks me up, I don't know why, may be the image of a small varmint hunting other "small varmints"?

Well it does prove he is a typical politician.....He lies like the rest of them!!!!
Say what you think they want to hear!!!

Here we go again. When the media and such ask candidates about their stand on gun rights through the prism of "hunting"...change the channel fast. When the candidate talks about his affection for hunting...run away fast.

My shocked face ----->[shocked]

Romney is a political weathervane..... His only conviction is saying anything that he thinks will get him elected.....[thinking]

After reading through these facts, I'm pretty sure I couldn't vote for Mittens in good conscience. In fact, I'm more infuriated at this snake than ever!!

In 1994 Senate Race, Romney Backed Brady Bill And Assault Weapons Ban, Saying “I Don’t Line Up With
The NRA”
In 1994, Romney Backed Brady Bill. “[Romney] said he will take stands that put him at odds with some
traditional ultra-conservative groups, and cited his support for the assault rifle ban and the Brady gun control law.
‘That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA,’ he said. ‘I don’t line up with a lot of special interest groups.’”
(Andrew Miga, “Mitt Rejects Right-Wing Aid,” Boston Herald, 9/23/94)

 Romney, In 1994: “I Don’t Line Up With The NRA.” (Scott Helman, “Romney Retreats On Gun Control,” The Boston
Globe, 1/14/07)
Romney Called Clinton Crime Bill “A Big Step Forward.” “Correction: Because of a reporting error, a story in
yesterday’s Metro/Region section about the taping of a debate between Republican gubernatorial candidates
incorrectly attributed to John Lakian a quote about the federal crime bill. It was Mitt Romney who said: ‘This
legislation isn’t perfect. But if we think we’re going to go to Washington and only vote for things that are perfect, I
think we’d be making a big mistake. This bill is a big step forward.’” (“Correction,” The Boston Globe, 8/28/94)

 “Romney Said He Supports The Ban On 19 Assault Weapons Included In The Bill…” (Scot Lehigh,
“Kennedy’s Rivals Say Crime Bill Was Too Weak For Them,” The Boston Globe, 8/13/94)
Romney Criticized Republican Opponent, Defended Ted Kennedy’s Support For Crime Bill. “Lakian, who
denounced the crime law as ineffective and costly to local communities, criticized Romney’s support for the
measure. But Romney countered, ‘There is nothing dishonorable or un-Republican to vote for that just because
Ted Kennedy supports it.’” (Scot Lehigh and Frank Phillips, “Romney, Lakian Debate Crime, Tax And Abortion,” The Boston Globe,
9/7/94)

 Romney Later Blamed Kennedy For Watering Down A “Perfectly Good Bill.” “Mitt Romney charged that
Kennedy had helped water down a tough [crime] bill to the point where it should not have been passed. ‘I
think the House did the right thing in saying, “Let’s fix this bill,”‘ Romney said of the House’s 225-210 decision
not to bring the $33 billion conference committee bill to the floor for a vote. … Romney blamed Kennedy for
what he saw as flaws in the bill. ‘What was a perfectly good bill when it came out of the Senate was taken into
the conference committee and, behind closed doors, Ted Kennedy made some big mistakes,’ Romney said.”
(Scot Lehigh, “Kennedy’s Rivals Say Crime Bill Was Too Weak For Them,” The Boston Globe, 8/13/94)
In 1994, Romney Backed Assault Weapons Ban And Brady Bill, Boasting “That’s Not Going To Make Me
The Hero Of The NRA.” “[Romney] said he will take stands that put him at odds with some traditional ultraconservative
groups, and cited his support for the assault rifle ban and the Brady gun control law. ‘That’s not
going to make me the hero of the NRA,’ he said. ‘I don’t line up with a lot of special interest groups.’” (Andrew Miga,
“Mitt Rejects Right-Wing Aid,” Boston Herald, 9/23/94)

 Romney In 1994: 5-Day Waiting Period Won’t Have “Massive Effect On Crime But … Will Have A
Positive Effect.” “The candidate reiterated his support for an assault weapons ban contained in Congress’
crime bill, and the Brady law which imposes a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases. ‘I don’t think
(the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect,’ Romney said.”
(Joe Battenfeld, “Herald Panel Grills Romney On Crime,” Boston Herald, 8/1/94)
As Governor, Romney Quadrupled Gun Licensing Fees And Vowed Not To “Chip Away” At Tough Gun
Laws

 Romney, In 2002: “We Do Have Tough Gun Laws In Massachusetts. I Support Them. I Won’t Chip away At Them. I Believe They Help Protect Us And Provide For Our Safety.” (Gubernatorial Candidates Debate,
Springfield, MA, 9/24/02)

Good lord, he's even worse than I thought. Does the rest of the country know what it's like to live in this hell hole?! We can't even have knives or ammo shipped to us. We need licenses to buy ammo and pepper spray. We can't have anything gun related shipped to us usually. And we've got the crime rates to back it all up. We're treated like second class citizens with regards to our constitutional rights, all because of D-Bags like Romney!!!

  Watch Video: Romney Voices Support For Massachusetts’ “Tough” Gun Control Laws.
Romney Raised Gun Licensing Fee By 400 Percent. “Gun owners [are] upset that the cash-strapped
Legislature and Romney administration raised the [firearms license] renewal fee from $25 to $100 in this year’s
budget.” (Lane Lambert, “Gun Permit Renewal Delays Frequent,” The Patriot Ledger [Quincy, MA], 9/17/03)
Gun Owners Action League’s James Wallace Called Romney’s Action A Tax On All Gun Owners. “James
Wallace, spokesman for the Gun Owners Action League, said his organization considers the state firearm
registration fee – which Romney proposes raising … to be a tax on the 200,000 state residents who hold firearm
identification cards.” (Joanna Weiss, “Romney Proposals On Fees Draw Fire,” The Boston Globe, 2/28/03)

 Wallace: “It’s a tax on an individual’s right to bear arms in Massachusetts … Basically, we’re being

LOL, I wonder if the NRA will endorse Willard.

I can't believe actual Republicans are voting for Willard, en masse. With friends like that, who needs Democrats?

Nra called for money.....although no "support mit " actually was mentioned. Our little discussion leaned that way. I then told him about some of the "great " things mit did for us before leaveing ..........his response was " I was not aware of that "...... so few people know about mit and his crap even here in mass..

I look back and relize he won here in mass cause "they " new he would go with the wind (whine bags) .

So now what do we go with the lesser of 2 evils again! Or spread our votes around so BObama gets another sack ag it......frustrated.

Back
Top Bottom