Monument Beach Sporting Goods & Gun Show April 20-21

Saw the sign on the way home from work this afternoon. If I am home I will be there, I like this little show.

Nice to see the sign is getting attention [wink]

Hope to see you there, I'll probably be working at the event.

Thanks
-Brian

I'll be there working with flotter390.

Hey does anyone who attended this show last year remember entering a raffle for a fishing boat? The company was called Ocean Quest and they were selling $25 raffle tickets. I got an email several months ago saying something like: "We were unable to complete this raffle. You can either donate the $25 to Ocean Quest or receive a refund for your raffle ticket" I asked for my money back and never heard anything else from them. I know it's only $25 but it's the principle of it. Take peoples' money for a raffle, and then just keep the money and not raffle anything off? **** YOU.

I'll be there working with flotter390.

Hey does anyone who attended this show last year remember entering a raffle for a fishing boat? The company was called Ocean Quest and they were selling $25 raffle tickets. I got an email several months ago saying something like: "We were unable to complete this raffle. You can either donate the $25 to Ocean Quest or receive a refund for your raffle ticket" I asked for my money back and never heard anything else from them. I know it's only $25 but it's the principle of it. Take peoples' money for a raffle, and then just keep the money and not raffle anything off? **** YOU.

I <3 Fred's table(s). [smile]

I bought one of those too, and got the same email. Still no check. [thinking]

Does Fred need any help? I'd love to help with that gear.

This raffle issue might best be addressed by bringing it to the boards attention at the next general assembly meeting (27th). My involvement is limited to help mention their April event.

Thanks,
-Brian

Fred asked me to help but I don't think he'll have as much stuff to sell as he did the last few. Send him a PM and ask if he needs more helpers. My lower back is f*cked so I can't really do any heavy lifting, but I can sure sit there and shoot the shit with customers. ;)

This raffle thing really pisses me off. Again, $25, whatever. You don't run a raffle and then just say "nevermind".

Update on that raffle thing: I got my reimbursement check in the mail last night, and just now the owner of the company called me to apologize for the delay. He said he just got back from being out to sea for 4 months and he thought all the reimbursement checks had been taken care of while they were gone. So they made good on it.

Update on that raffle thing: I got my reimbursement check in the mail last night, and just now the owner of the company called me to apologize for the delay. He said he just got back from being out to sea for 4 months and he thought all the reimbursement checks had been taken care of while they were gone. So they made good on it.

Hmmm, I will have to check the PO box.

Cape Cod Times will have an ad for MBSC in the sports section for the next couple weeks. Looks like it will be a good turnout this year.

BTW: Glad to hear everyone got their money sorted out by the 3rd party vendor.

Will they be cooking burgers/ dogs/ etc for lunch as usual? I always bring extra cash and stuff my face mid-day. [wink]

Yep, just got word today:

"Will be serving hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken sandwiches. We will also have chips, french fries, baked beans and a "baconator" style sandwich"

Revoke my mancard I guess because I don't have a clue what the baconator challenge is. Eat as many bacon cheeseburgers as you can in an allotted amount of time?

Revoke my mancard I guess because I don't have a clue what the baconator challenge is. Eat as many bacon cheeseburgers as you can in an allotted amount of time?

It's a fictitious challenge. I was daydreaming about The Baconator©, a burger that Wendy's offered (or still does) that is a giant pile of meat covered in primarily bacon. I can't see a better way to enjoy a gun show than with one in-hand. [grin]

I can't see a better way to enjoy a gun show than with a new gun in-hand. [grin]

FIFY. :D

Well I don't know about shoveling multiple burgers down my throat, but I am definitely looking forward to a nice selection of chow next weekend. I eat pretty healthy nowadays but on special occasions, it's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!

Just a bump and reminder for this upcoming show. I'll be bringing a bunch of random stuff to sell: Dummy guns, bayonets/ knives, helmets, holsters, packs, etc... All kinds of assorted militaria. Swing in and check it out!

I wish I could go. I'd visit just to drool on the selection of Guncrafter Industries 50GI / 45's that will be there.

So many tables were sold for this show the archery building and clubhouse will have vendors. I heard one vendor will have 5 tables with nothing but ammo. Don't ask me about prices [grin]

So many tables were sold for this show the archery building and clubhouse will have vendors. I heard one vendor will have 5 tables with nothing but ammo. Don't ask me about prices [grin]

Well that is awesome! I am looking forward to this show.

Back
Top Bottom