Moose Charge

Wow!! That guy is lucky, methinks.

I've been doing some upland hunting this fall where a bull moose has been sighted several times. His tracks and scat are all over the place.

My .357 suddenly feels very small and useless...

I don't know anything about moose hunting but it appears to be pretty stupid to shoot one facing you at that distance!

I don't know anything about moose hunting but it appears to be pretty stupid to shoot one facing you at that distance!

Seriously. From the video, the moose looked like he was only 20 to 30 feet away!

Is it me or does a moose look like it's pealed right out of the ice age?

6 feet is too close to shoot

Hell He cound have jumped on it back and rode it a while at 6 ft away.

Im going be sure to but many many many .44 mag & .340 mag into any moose that gets within my 20 ft personal space.[smile]

Last edited:
Up in Canada on a joint US Canadian exercise, I saw an I H truck that had a run-in with a moose. The truck didn't look so good.

MOOSE Hunting

Maine Moose season is over for this year.

The Licences are done by Lottery for the most part. Fish & Game did acution off 2 licences and they went to out of State hunters for over $10,000 per licence.

They Lottery out the licences in various hunting zones for Bull or Cow and then by Sept or Oct season. Each Season in one week long and you can only hunt the season you are selected for. Both Seasons are right around the time of MOOSE RUT.

Put in for your lottery permits for next year and buy my Weatherby .340 MAG for your trip!

Anyone who is interested in being and " Sub-Permitee" or "Alternate Sub-Permitee" on a Maine Moose Lottery?

The Permitee, Sub-Permitee or Alternate Sub-Permitee are allowed to shoot the Moose

Anyone from any state or even foriginers can enter the Lottery for Moose. Aliens are required by Law to hire a licenced Maine Guide.

http://www.informe.org/ifw/moosepermit.html

FEES: Application fees vary by residence and number of chances purchased.
A permit fee of $52 (resident) or $477 (non-resident) will apply if you are drawn.

And you also need a Maine Big Game hunting licence.

They give out about 2,000 resident permits (permitees) and about 200 non resident permits (permitees) However a Sub-Permitee or Alternate Sub-Permitee can ride on a Residents application; Thus increasing the odds of being selected.

Just E mail me and well talk about it.

Capt Walt Master Maine Guide

PS: and try some of these Scents. I think youll like them.

http://www.harmondeerscents.com/products.aspx?cat=9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom