• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More "Smart Gun" BS

I'd rather have this:
670px-Make-Weapons-out-of-Sticks-Intro.jpg

There's a reason the antis and .gov are pushing hard for "smart guns". They know that this technology will be prohibitively expensive for many gun owners, and there's no doubt in my mind that the gun can be easily bricked at the push of a button if a riot or other "public safety emergency" breaks out.

I think the basic idea is sound, if it can be made to work as intended. The problem is goverment involvement at any point in the tech gun sales,etc. If it was treated like any other product, then it would not matter to most of us. It is the threat of the gov. mandating all this tech on us, that makes us oppose this in the first place. I do hope they repeal the NJ law to start with. I hear that may be in the works. But, until that happens, we must be on our guard.

Apple is selling a Smart Watch, and that's great. But I'm still able to buy a regular watch.

The problem isn't the technology, good or bad, or the aggressive marketing. It's about MANDATING it.

ETA:

What Gak said:

I think the basic idea is sound, if it can be made to work as intended. The problem is goverment involvement at any point in the tech gun sales,etc. If it was treated like any other product, then it would not matter to most of us. It is the threat of the gov. mandating all this tech on us, that makes us oppose this in the first place. I do hope they repeal the NJ law to start with. I hear that may be in the works. But, until that happens, we must be on our guard.{/QUOTE]

Doug from that article doesn't want his info out there? I know this is a sensitive topic, but man, I guess money before principle.

A little Google Fu turns up Doug Bikal. He must be a moron if he thinks he can hide his identity.

Wait, they'll probably have a kill function in it which will inactivate it when .gov wants to. I can see it now, in order to keep it active you have to run around with it in a faraday cage or someone will shut it off. [rofl]

So, you key in your pin to the watch and now you can shoot the gun for an eight hour period. That's nice. Don't forget to wind your watch. The gun would be unusable in a quick, jump out of bed emergency. But at least the children will be safe, errh as well as the bad guys.

Wait, they'll probably have a kill function in it which will inactivate it when .gov wants to. I can see it now, in order to keep it active you have to run around with it in a faraday cage or someone will shut it off. [rofl]

The creator already previously admitted to a kill switch built in to the technology.
That right there is the feature that has anti's and the Govt. air humping at the thought of.

Well, there are some antigun groups that oppose smart guns for the same reason they oppose all guns. But they’re not the problem.
Everybody likes to downplay this, but "smart guns" are a real problem for the anti-gun groups, as they threaten to turn non-gun-owners and borderline anti-gun folk into gun owners. Just think of all the parents you know who say "I wouldn't have a gun in the house, what with the kid(s) and all", what percentage of them would change their mind if they could get a "smart gun"?

As the article goes on to state:
Raymond was a gun guy to the bone. He believed that the iP1, by attracting a new category of gun owner to “our side,” would further the pro-gun cause, as he would later explain.

As I said in the last thread about this...
When EVERY SINGLE police officer and member of the military is required to only use these types of guns I will CONSIDER getting one, in addition to all of my 'old' guns. After all you can still buy muskets with out 'smart' rifleing in them to make sure you hit what you are aiming at...

Back
Top Bottom