Mossberg MC2C I like this thing

Mark from MA

NES Member
Not a subcompact pistol guy. Generally...I like full size guns.

Summer carry....I go down a size and usually carry a G19. Decided to buy a new gun in that size category for the birthday, as it wasn't that much money. Was considering G48...glad I went with the Mossy instead. I did think it would be somewhat MEH, like the Ruger SR's and I'd go back to the G19 or switch to a G48....not the case.

I did not get the MOS model, I don't care about that stuff. I like night sights.

Pros of this gun......

Made in AMERICA, by a family owned company......not many of those left.

Really?.....300 dollars....with Trijicon Pro Night sights installed??? Really? Can buy 2 of these for one G48 w/NS, and I like it so much I did buy a spare for $288 on an even better sale from another vendor.

Super thin....thinner than G19 by a fair amount. 1/8 inch or so at least.

Mag catch steel, barely need to move my hand position to thumb it, drops free excellent.

Free state carry of 16+1 rounds, flat mag carry of 14+1

Trigger......Almost a carbon copy of Glock, but flat face and better reset and break. MCarbo makes a reduced spring, but I'm not going there...the trigger is about 5# and fine for carry.

Ran 500 rounds thru.....no issues yet. Soft shooting and controllable.

Breakdown....kinda weird, but easy...and striker comes out when cleaning which is pretty cool as you can swab the channel while your at it without any extra steps.

Seems the gun guys on youtube, nothing but good reviews......

After cleaning and carry for a month, there is minimal wear on the barrel or slide. Coating seems fantastic, even better than my G17 which shows much more wear.

Cons.

The name of the pistol is gay AF.

Not that popular, not many holsters, but found a clip on kydex from Aggressive Concealment for 30 bucks..... fairly easily.

Frame stippling could be better, its OK for me, but can see why some people might bitch.

Extractor is pinned in with roll pin......not that big a deal, but harder to pull and clean than a glock.

Last edited:
500 trouble free or so thru both of them. One is a daily carry, the other resides in my bedsafe with a light/laser and night sites. I do shoot the daily carry more...it probably has 1K thru it now of just mostly target ammo. The bedsafe gun is generally broken in, with 500 and doesn't get pulled that much. Sold my one glock to fund both of these.

Fantastic and much better alternative to a Glock 48 (half the price WITH night sights, Made in US) with way more rounds on board in free state mode than a G48 can carry.

When I can run it in free state mode, the extended mag with 16 in it, will make the handle feel much better, right now with crip in there its a bit too short, but I can deal, as I've lost my fat roll in the last 3 months.

Last edited:
I have heard from folks at the range I go to that they have seen some issues. Not sure I believe that given your experience.

I have heard from folks at the range I go to that they have seen some issues. Not sure I believe that given your experience.
What issues?

Most reviews on the tube are very positive. I think I've seen one with a guy having a trigger hangup.....but that's a warranty issue.

I saw one of these at a gun show down here some guy was talking about it all excited. I confused it with the unrelated Remington R51 (now that was a failure).

I scrub carry (not at work). I alternate between an Model 10 Snubnose (blued think like every 80s Detective show).. a S&W 3913. I also have a Sig P365 in the work carry rotation. I park my car off work property and lock the gun in my car while at work (legal in NC)

What issues?

Most reviews on the tube are very positive. I think I've seen one with a guy having a trigger hangup.....but that's a warranty issue.
Slide cracking and Failure to feed issues.

Yes, I haven't seen a bad review of the MC2C on the tube yet.

Not a subcompact pistol guy. Generally...I like full size guns.

Summer carry....I go down a size and usually carry a G19. Decided to buy a new gun in that size category for the birthday, as it wasn't that much money. Was considering G48...glad I went with the Mossy instead. I did think it would be somewhat MEH, like the Ruger SR's and I'd go back to the G19 or switch to a G48....not the case.

I did not get the MOS model, I don't care about that stuff. I like night sights.

Pros of this gun......

Made in AMERICA, by a family owned company......not many of those left.

Really?.....300 dollars....with Trijicon Pro Night sights installed??? Really? Can buy 2 of these for one G48 w/NS, and I like it so much I did buy a spare for $288 on an even better sale from another vendor.

Super thin....thinner than G19 by a fair amount. 1/8 inch or so at least.

Mag catch steel, barely need to move my hand position to thumb it, drops free excellent.

Free state carry of 16+1 rounds, flat mag carry of 14+1

Trigger......Almost a carbon copy of Glock, but flat face and better reset and break. MCarbo makes a reduced spring, but I'm not going there...the trigger is about 5# and fine for carry.

Ran 500 rounds thru.....no issues yet. Soft shooting and controllable.

Breakdown....kinda weird, but easy...and striker comes out when cleaning which is pretty cool as you can swab the channel while your at it without any extra steps.

Seems the gun guys on youtube, nothing but good reviews......

After cleaning and carry for a month, there is minimal wear on the barrel or slide. Coating seems fantastic, even better than my G17 which shows much more wear.

Cons.

The name of the pistol is gay AF.

Not that popular, not many holsters, but found a clip on kydex from Aggressive Concealment for 30 bucks..... fairly easily.

Frame stippling could be better, its OK for me, but can see why some people might bitch.

Extractor is pinned in with roll pin......not that big a deal, but harder to pull and clean than a glock.
Somebody posted in another forum that the MC2C can take G19 mags - is that right?

Somebody posted in another forum that the MC2C can take G19 mags - is that right?
Negative. MC2C is a slimmer pistol and takes steel body mags which are also thinner, Im in SC right now and carrying it with 16 rounders.

I have a G17 here as well and the mags are way too wide, G17/19 is a fatter pistol.

MC2C is closer to a G48, and that mag might fit, but they only take 10.

Which is OK if your in MA, but the mc2c can take 16 +1 with stock mags. Or 13+1 if you like a shorter mag for carry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom