• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg Shockwave loaded in vehicle

I was tempted when Chiappa, Remington, Standard all announced emi-auto shorties with no tax stamp, but like everything else, totally sold out.

And then there's the Charles Daly "Triple Honcho"
6 pounds, 3 rounds, $1,330 MSRP
In Maryland...I have to go through the waiting period just like a handgun- not NIC and walk like regular shotguns... the presenter was from Ohio and he said they had to amend the law to allow for these to even be in the state
While distinct from the question as to whether a loaded Shockwave in a vehicle would be legal in New Hampshire (Short answer: Yes), this does go back to how a Pistol-Grip-Only (PGO) smoothbore is a not only a special case under Federal law and is transferred like a handgun, but state law can differ in their own weird ways.

I bought a scabbard for mine and attached it to the 4-wheeler, mostly for the fall and early spring when bears are particularly hungry. Haven't encountered F&G, so I can't say whether they will try to make it a problem.

I am in Maryland and retired LEO with LEOSA and I have to go through the waiting period just like a handgun- not NIC and walk like regular shotguns. Saw a review on the gun and the presenter was from OH and he said they had to amend the law to allow for these to even be in the state. I know there is case law that a loaded AR in a car is not a violation of LEOSA, so I am guessing on a road trip I am ok. Most for the home defense and usually use my Sig320 45
What I can tell you is that there are laws in MA, ME, and NH that prohibit any loaded long guns in or on (leaning against) a motor vehicle. So what may be legal in one state isn't necessarily legal in other states and LEOSA won't get you a pass on this.

I was tempted when Chiappa, Remington, Standard all announced emi-auto shorties with no tax stamp, but like everything else, totally sold out.

And then there's the Charles Daly "Triple Honcho"
6 pounds, 3 rounds, $1,330 MSRP

While distinct from the question as to whether a loaded Shockwave in a vehicle would be legal in New Hampshire (Short answer: Yes), this does go back to how a Pistol-Grip-Only (PGO) smoothbore is a not only a special case under Federal law and is transferred like a handgun, but state law can differ in their own weird ways.

I bought a scabbard for mine and attached it to the 4-wheeler, mostly for the fall and early spring when bears are particularly hungry. Haven't encountered F&G, so I can't say whether they will try to make it a problem.
The Law Enforcement Division of NHFGC are fully aware of what legally constitutes a "pistol" in NH (any firearm with a barrel under 16"). They don't advertise that, though.

Don't forget that carrying a loaded sub-16" firearm on an OHRV or snowmobile in NH does still require a Revolver & Pistol License, or a recognized concealed handgun license from another state.

HB 334 would eliminate the license requirement, and has a public hearing in the Criminal Justice and Public Safety committee on 2/10 at 11:45 a.m.

You can sign up to testify, or to state support of this bill, here:

Can a Mossberg Shockwave be carried loaded in a vehicle? My local dealer says it can because the shock wave is considered a pistol. His reasoning is that in order to own one you have to meet the same requirements as buying a handgun. Purchaser must be 21 and a resident of the state the shockwave is being purchased in. I am not sure so I'm hoping someone with knowledge on this will chime in.
I posted on this earlier as I am retired with LEOSA - I decided to go with an ATI bullpup instead. Still quite maneuverable with 18.5 bbl and bullpup design. All the online reviews looked good. It just came and happy with the quality. I ordered an extra five round mag, will probably get a 10 round at some point but they appear to stick out at about the same length as a 30 round for an AK. I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of the shockwave and Maryland treats it like a restricted firearm similar to a pistol. FYI when I retire in two years I'm moving out of Maryland for obvious gun reasons and taxes. Thanks to all who offered comments on the shockwave discussion.

Back
Top Bottom