MUZZLELOADERS

I'm in the market for a muzzleloader for this fall's deer season. The suggestion was made to buy a Thompson Center Arms Encore and I'm starting to research them. Any suggestions on a decent muzzleloader based on past experiences? Thanks,

The encore is a great choice. I have been hunting with one for a couple of years. It always goes boom when I pull the trigger. Even after walking in the rain all day. I have the blued version. I would suggest getting stainless.

You can also get rifle and shotguns barrells for it.

Marc

Also look into Remmington they make quality muzzleloaders along with T/C. I might be picking one up pretty soon as well.

Thanks for the repsonses. Went to Dicks (Salem) with the two year old this afternoon and saw the Encore SST for just under 8 bills and the Omega for a bit less. I don't know about that thumb hole on the Omega. Naturally, there was no help and after 40 minutes I decided to split, my daughter was getting antsy. Just wanted to hold it, maybe next time. Will swing by Four Seasons on Thursday evening if I have the time. Also, heading north for birds next week and will stop at Kittery to see what they have to offer. They usually have a good used selection and at least I'll have the opportunity to hold a few and compare. The Remington (Genesis) line looks good too and according to the company web site the MSRP is substantially less.

Best Place For Thompson's

There are better places to buy a T/C in New Hampshire.

Last edited:
My brother has a Thomson center and he LOVES it, it is one hell of a gun. Its pretty damn accurate to, hits where you aim it. All in all I say get it its reliable, accurate and fun to shoot [smile].

If you'll be hunting in mass you can't use a break open action muzzleloader during the mz season. You can use however use it during shotgun season. I have a TC omega, tc black diamond, and CVA Kodiak, and they're all great.

Back
Top Bottom