My first pin shoot

I went to my first ever pin shoot at north Leominster today. I really had a lot of fun and now I'm hooked. There was a large turnout at least in my eyes. The guys did a great job of running it. I was pretty nervous but shot much much much better than I had expected, beginners luck perhaps. I will be attending all of them next year. My only remorse was not getting a chance to introduce myself to any forum members there. I get shy in big groups.

I was there too... It's the second that I've been to. And they are a blast!!!

I tend to stay a little reserved and on the quite side myself, so I know where you're coming from.

I'll be at every one that I can make next season... Hope to see you there.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I was Jim h black hoodie, jeans black hat, I sat over to the left of the line next to chief the whole time. I gotta be better at meeting people, but I had a blast!

Ha... I was standing in front of you or leaning up against the column next to you! Burgundy shirt & jeans... Unless I had my black fleece on.

I'm slowly meeting everybody myself...

Ahh ok I think I know who you are. What were you shooting? The poor guy at the table to my left at all kinds of jams going on. That stinks. We're you the guy talking about the model 27 you bought?

Yup... Model 27 was me. And I have the same kind of 1911 as Justin... Remington r1 enhanced. Not sure why his as giving him trouble.

Glock 21, I bought it specifically to attend this shoot.

I saw you shooting, you were doing pretty damn good with it! I was the other dude (other than Atilla) who was smoking a cigar... shooting my G21SF all day.

Those friggan pins started to get HEAVY. The last two relays the pins were like bullet tampons. I kept hitting some of them and they barely moved. [laugh] I don't think I've seen them that heavy this year, probably due to the large number of shooters they had today.

-Mike

Fun time today! Good shootin!

Should have came down to the right side of the firing line! There were at least 6 of us from the forums. Atilla, dr grant, big mike, loki, edgeofcrimson, and myself

I saw you shooting, you were doing pretty damn good with it! I was the other dude (other than Atilla) who was smoking a cigar... shooting my G21SF all day.

Those friggan pins started to get HEAVY. The last two relays the pins were like bullet tampons. I kept hitting some of them and they barely moved. [laugh] I don't think I've seen them that heavy this year, probably due to the large number of shooters they had today.

-Mike

Thanks, i was really surprised at how i shot. Got a little ahead if myself a couple of times and tried to go to quick. you were the guy in the green shirt? You were killing with that 21. Damn I shoulda come down there. The last round I shot I hit 3 of them and they just laid down. That table on the left was ripped up damn good too.

Fun time today! Good shootin!

Should have came down to the right side of the firing line! There were at least 6 of us from the forums. Atilla, dr grant, big mike, loki, edgeofcrimson, and myself

I should have come down that way. I'm hoping to make the pumpkin blast and get to a few more gatherings. I don't really know anyone from here.

Thanks, i was really surprised at how i shot. Got a little ahead if myself a couple of times and tried to go to quick. you were the guy in the green shirt? You were killing with that 21. Damn I shoulda come down there. The last round I shot I hit 3 of them and they just laid down. That table on the left was ripped up damn good too.

I had a light brown shirt on... Yeah both the tables were tore up but on average the pins on the right seemed to be heavier....

-Mike

jeese way to be anti-social ( just kidding), I was the annoying idiot who just wouldn't shut up, wearing the weird grey thermal shirt thingy...and that was before the box of joe I pretty much drank myself...
yeah by the end of that my little 9mm rounds were like mosquitos to the heavy pins....all that .45 lead..haha

-Kevin

Dr grant I'm pretty sure I knew who you were now. At one point the right table had pretty new pins I took advantage of that on my 3rd round.

I was an anti social jerk I was too caught up in the excitement of it all. I'll be doing my best to make all of them next year.

I have never been to a pin shoot but keep saying I plan on going. I shot some with my TC 45-70 @ 100yds. in Westwood. That gun lays them down in pieces.

Need to try some with my 1911.

-tapatalk blows chunks-

I have never been to a pin shoot but keep saying I plan on going. I shot some with my TC 45-70 @ 100yds. in Westwood. That gun lays them down in pieces.

-tapatalk blows chunks-

It really was a lot of fun. I'm still new to shooting only a couple years under my belt, but I really liked the friendly competition.

-tapatalk blows chunks-

if you come shoot my pins you can bring the .45-70. the heavy ones are only still around becaise they still stand up. i'm trying to get as much life out of them as i can since we don't have a whole lot of pins left. a few years ago people could easily be competitive with a 9mm (i was using my BHP), but now the older pins are just chunks of lead with a little wood mixed in. i have a source for "new" ones, but it hasn't gotten to that point yet.

Ill donate a few bucks to this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brunswick-M...262?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f15990bfe

But you're right, you have to make em last as long as possible. Even though they were really heavy by the end, I think the tables being shot up at a lot do with it as well. Seems like the heavy pins would topple and then get hung up in the table. Nothing you can do about it, lots of people on the left side where hitting real low.

I bet if you called a bunch of bowling places they would sell off used ones too, who cares if they are old. Regardless Ill donate if need be.

no candlepins though... ricochet central. if you happen to come across any for CHEAP money you can feel free to pick them up and get a receipt which i can submit for you for reimbursement.

no candlepins though... ricochet central. if you happen to come across any for CHEAP money you can feel free to pick them up and get a receipt which i can submit for you for reimbursement.

I'll look around my area see what I can come up with. I wished I had been doing these all year. Next year I will. Thanks to you and your gf for putting these on.

Back
Top Bottom