My latest purchase.... K98

daltrey99

NES Member
I was down in Pennsylvania visiting my father and noticed that there was going to be a gun show nearby in Monroeville. I am glad i brought along a few copies of my C&R. No one was paying much attention to this Mauser and I got the guy to come down on the price by $50. It is a 1939 K98 Russian capture with all markings intact. pretty good finish, excellent bore, flawless action. I still need to get a sight hood and cleaning rod for it. I also found a reproduction sling for it. Funny thing is that no one gave much attention to it but after I bought it I had 4 dealers and multiply people come up to me and ask to buy it. I put a box of Prvi Partizan 196 Gr softpoints thourgh it and the grouping is amazing. It was also nice to compare what gun shows are like from here and down there. I am sure many people on here would love to be able to buy many of the things for sale there. I also asked about ammo shortages and was told that there was never a shortage there at any time. I did notice that many stores in the area stocked tons of ammo and had tons of hard to find calibers. Now I have to ask myself why did I move away from there again?!?!?!?! It was nice being treated like a law abiding citizen instead of a common criminal just because I own firearms like most times I get around here. Anyway before I get anymore long winded than I have already......Here is a pic of my Mauser

karabiner.jpg

Nice looking gun, at a great price! I, too, moved from PA...the difference is pretty crazy. I know at least parts of the state were hit by an ammo shortage, my friend is down in the center of the state, and he said it has been hard to find, and when I was back home (north of Philly) for Christmas, the shelves were dry pretty much everywhere I looked.

I need to figure out why I haven't heard about my C&R yet, and hit up some shows down there [smile]

Back
Top Bottom