• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mystic Valley Gun Club

Who is going? Also what is a classifier match?

Boston Urban Action Shooter Classifier Match
When: Sunday, Apr 13, 2014
Where: Mystic Valley Gun Club Inc, Canal Street, Malden, MA, United States (map)
Description: Special Classifier Match 5 stages- Register to [email protected]. 40 shooters maximum. Registration from 8 to 8:30am. First shots 9AM Match fee $20.00

Sent email for Apr 13. If all stages are indoor, how long does it take for the classifier? Any stage breakdown / set ups in between?

Mystic just hosts these matches, BUAS runs them so you'd need to reach out to them for specifics.

With that said, we only have two indoor ranges so there would have to be some breakdown / set up between stages to get them all in. Classifier stages are generally pretty quick to shoot and set up though so it shouldn't take too long. I think the calendar shows them done by 1:00, I think it would probably be even faster in reality. They're very good at running an efficient match.

Last edited:
According to the MVGC calendar there is a pistol match tonight.
I just wanted to verify it was still on.

If any Mystic members are planning to go to the GOAL rally on the 18th, please post here or PM me.

Last edited:
Fairly new member to the club here - couple months.

Just wondering what the auxiliary range is for and when it is used, if ever?

Typically it's open when the primary range is occupied for something like Junior League.

It's also used for Static Steel and Practical Pistol (see calendar for when these happen). On those nights, both ranges are reserved for the event, open shooting is available when they're done, usually around 11pm.

Hello,

I am a new gun owner (been licensed for a few years though) looking for a range near Boston.

Wondering how I would go about checking the place out and if I like it, finding a member to sponsor me.

Hello,

I am a new gun owner (been licensed for a few years though) looking for a range near Boston.

Wondering how I would go about checking the place out and if I like it, finding a member to sponsor me.

Come down on the 3rd Thursday of the month for new membership. The sponsorship requirement is pretty much a joke, nobody gets turned away.

http://mysticvalleygunclub.com/join/

I can't find the calendar on the website.
Is there anything going on this Sunday? I don't want to get there and not be able to shoot.....

Email Blast an hour ago :
Attention all members, the club, including both ranges, will be closed from 5 pm Friday Sept 9thto midnight Saturday Sept 10th for intensive cleaning. Floors will be stripped and re-waxed and the entire club thoroughly cleaned. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Still waiting on my LTC but would love to get in this club. I live in Malden and this would make the most sense for me. Do anyone know if they have any specific dates that let potential members view/tour the club?

Still waiting on my LTC but would love to get in this club. I live in Malden and this would make the most sense for me. Do anyone know if they have any specific dates that let potential members view/tour the club?

Friday evening, Sept 23rd, there is an Action Pistol match. You can stop by then for a look-see and meet & greet if you aren't able to make a connection before that.

Friday evening, Sept 23rd, there is an Action Pistol match. You can stop by then for a look-see and meet & greet if you aren't able to make a connection before that.

Checked their website and did not see this event on there. Are we able to see events from here elsewhere in case I can not make this. Thanks for the heads up

Can anyone confirm if they are starting the static steel shoots again this month? And if so, what time does it start?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I understand the Post is old and there's a lot of pages.. That I ain't reading through.

If OP is still interested PM me and we'll get you signed up.

Club is nice, clean and quiet. 24hrs for members.

I got an RMR installed and when it arrived last night I just ran there in the middle of the night to get it sighted in. Love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm if they are starting the static steel shoots again this month? And if so, what time does it start?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

55e0f433278dec0131e028b358565675.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if Mystic Valley still does orientation on the third Thursday of the month. I am defintly interested in joining. Ive back read some posts from years ago just wondering if anything has changed? What do i need to bring with me? How long does it usually last? Any info is greatly appreciated.... thanks

Back
Top Bottom