N-SSA

Does anyone on the list skirmish with an N-SSA unit in the Metro Boston area? I live in Melrose, MA. I've been wanting to get into muzzleloading, and am interested in history. Plus I saw the Shooting USA episode on N-SSA, and it was cool. Some I'm curios.

What unit are you with? Where does your unit meet and practice? What kind of financial and time commitment does skirmishing entail? What kind of firearms do you personally shoot? Doe’s your unit require you to use a certain firearm? Why do you skirmish?

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick

you could get an idea of what the sport is like at:

http://n-ssa.org/NEWENG/10thMass/skrm.html

the 10th massachusetts battery is holding a practice in March, you should come by and get a feel for the sport, email me, i'll give you all the info you need ...

i got into it about 10 years ago ... i've shot everything from AP and bullseye to Long Range BP Silo, but this is the most fun i have had in a shooting sport (right now i am shooting AP, MHL, WCPL and USRA). the people are great as Cledus said, shooting team events at breakable targets is the best, and i have to admit i have a big appreciation for history now.

my team does not require certain guns, i have some parts guns, some originals and some repros ... right now my favorite new toy is smoothbore (new is relative, it's a Model 1842 made in 1844, first year of production)

ed moore
10th massachusetts battery
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom