Natick Police big gun bust

That's a gun bust? Realize all that stuff is perfectly normal, legal and unregulated in most of the country. In MA, posessing a plastic box with a spring in it that's younger than an arbitrary date in the 90's is a felony - goes to show what they think of you.

Awesome detective work, no mention of the suppressor in the gun case .

I found the guy's case. I blocked out his name as a courtesy. If you care you can find it the way I did. I think he was assigned counsel. It says his attorney is Julie Buszuwski, anyway, and I think that's what she does.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome detective work, no mention of the suppressor in the gun case .
Thats the flare gun, the only "gun" in this seizure. The rest is ammo mags and a pc. Thats why ppl here said its a modest to unimpressive collection

Without any info other than that in the original post, that looks like the kind of stuff one would expect a serious otherwise lawful shooter who knows about MA gun laws, but is not aware about the ammo/hi cap mag law (or that MA may consider a flare gun to be a firearm) would have if they left their firearms out of state pending application for an LTC. The "Still in wrapper" accessories (but no large quantity of any one) suggests someone who was into picking up "deals" when they came across them.

Based on "information obtained during a routine encounter" rules out an informant or tip, so likely something caused the conversation to turn to firearms (perhaps something innocent that depicted the in-duh-vidual as a gun person) motivating the police to run an LTC/FID check, and get real interested when the person turned out to be unlicensed.

The brands and quality are another clue - how many criminals stock multiple name brands of premium ammo including Corbon? And twenty 30 round AR mags? That's not even a plethora.

But, even if he was a person who did not pose a public risk, the paperwork and licensing violations are serious.

A reminder that there is no such thing as a casual conversation with a police officer. And to get an LTC - which would have rendered this a non-issue .... chances are the existence of an LTC in the pre-warrant background thing would have prevent this entire saga.

My guess is a gun owner who had not yet moved in his guns, and was unaware than ammo and >10 round mags require a license in MA.
Absolutely. Or management, landlord, utility repair contractor etc. It is amazing how often maintenance workers/contractors interact with police. Innocently?

Last edited:
-Anywhere else: Plastic box with spring in it

MA Court/Police translation: unlawful possession of a FULLY LOADED Illegal post-ban high capacity ammunition feeding device by an unlicensed person

-can with some rounds in it

STEEL MILITARY STYLE Ammunition storage device with a large quantity of military style assault weapon projectiles

Natick is a green town, BTW. Just sayin'.

Means absolutely nothing, I know "green towns" where gun arrests have been massaged out of whole cloth. A lot of the shit towns that flipped to "basically shall issue" even pre bruen only did so because litigation from our side was starting to become a pain in the ass for them and they wanted to choose the path of least resistance.

Means absolutely nothing, I know "green towns" where gun arrests have been massaged out of whole cloth. A lot of the shit towns that flipped to "basically shall issue" even pre bruen only did so because litigation from our side was starting to become a pain in the ass for them and they wanted to choose the path of least resistance.
I think I was disabused of the idea that green towns are actually pro gun with how Arlington dealt with TJIC, on Independence Day, back around when I joined here.

The Eugene guy is a douche… he reminds me of my gun owning 1911 carrying vietnam and Cold War and gulf way army vet uncle who had a nice centrist view of things lost it during COVID. And became a leftist. I made him a Christmas card with a picture of John Kerry throwing his medals.. he didn’t like that haha.

Hard to believe Eugene he is on the fire department and a paramedic. Most fire EMS guys are pro gun or atleast not retarded.

When the Gun parlor (and this was before their media puff piece) started out across from Saint Vs hospital (don’t send your dog there cough Tenet) it wasn’t uncommon to see many private ambulances Parked there. They were all in the store looking and discussing

That collection looks more like a table at a show than a personal collection. Or someone who knew they needed a license for a gun but didn't know that included ammo and mags. Wouldn't be surprising if he was from out of state. At 33 he's not a kid, but the idea that he moved to MA fits. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, how many up here in NH have no idea that ammo and mags are included in MA and are committing felonies on a regular basis. They know it's bad in MA, they just don't know how bad.

The point was meant to be taken in context with one of Rob’s ruminations. I was not implying that Natick is pro-2A, far from it. It is Linsky’s home town. As far as I am aware, however, Hicks has always been shall issue, rather than a purveyor of BS restrictions. If the guy wasn’t licensed, and if he didn’t just arrive in state, there’s more to the story on that. Actually, not knowing what this routine encounter was, I wouldn’t like to learn that it was the licensure interview.

Back
Top Bottom