Nauset Rod and Gun Carbine shoot March 11

I'll actually be in Eastham that day on vacation. I don't have a carbine but if it's ok I may stop by and watch a bit with the wife.

I'll actually be in Eastham that day on vacation. I don't have a carbine but if it's ok I may stop by and watch a bit with the wife.

Pay the fee, bring decent ammo and I can let you use my 18" AR and mags

Remember, web site says limited slots. They want pre-register as per original post.

Looks like I will be able to make it. Since the check wouldn't go out until tomorrow, should I just bring it with me or should I still mail it? --Brian

Looks like I will be able to make it. Since the check wouldn't go out until tomorrow, should I just bring it with me or should I still mail it? --Brian

I spoke with Rupert Monday and was advised that match registration had closed. Web site had stated mail by 03-02 Maybe you will luck out.

Shooter's meeting 0900

first shots 0930

Yeah, saw the post above saying there was plenty of room left and figured I'd give it a go. Guess I'm still getting used to having to register weeks before a match. Oh well, maybe next year.

Daaamn, I had no idea there was a gun club within walking distance of our summer 1 week vacation home.. [grin] I just poked through the NRGC web site and saw the mapquest directions. We rent a house off Nausett rd first or 2nd week of July every year. I guess you wouldn't allow summer vacationers a temp pass to play... sounds like my kind of club too. Loved all the pictures of the events.

6 to 8 months is not uncommon for popular 3 gun matches. Others, that use online sign up are filled in a matter of minutes.

Yeah, but those are large national matches (which I have also shot). Early signup is important because these matches fill and then a wait list starts. If you want to shoot, you need to get in early. The unique thing here in Mass is the emphasis on advance signup for club level matches that may or may not fill.

Obviously, not signing up in advance makes it a bit easier for shooters and match directors alike (less paperwork, can show up at last minute if work / wife schedule allows). We routinely did not not have advance signup for our club matches back home. However, I have had a few occasions before I moved here where the turnout was MUCH higher than expected and there were long waits to shoot. Not awful, but 5hrs in the AZ sun to shoot 4 stages is a bit long.

The only club level match we regularly signed up for was the annual Halloween shotgun match. Since it was one of the only pure shotgun + pistol matches in the area it always filled. Also, repairing targets for shotgun takes longer so the number had to be limited. However, as I was moving here they match directors realized another great solution: More shotgun matches. If a match is so popular that you have to have advance signup, why not have more matches? Makes sense, right?

DAMN! That was a great match. Big thanks to the Nauset crew for putting it all together!

I loved all that steel, and had a blast clearing those texas stars. My new Burris Tac 30 ran great, hell of a lot better than the old TruGlo 40mm 1x. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom