NC - Animal Control, Tired Of Chasing Dog, Shoots It

Bella and her buddy got out of their fenced yard last Thursday while their owners were at dinner. Witnesses say the pit bulls ran down into another yard. A woman, fearful of the dogs, called for help. Concord Police responded and tried to catch the dogs for 42 minutes. One of the dogs, Jaxson, was easy to corral. But Bella proved to be more difficult. FOX Charlotte's Morgan Fogarty asked, "Was it snapping or charging?" Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Bryan Archer says, "From what I was told, yes it was.”

Archer works in the with animal control division of the Sheriff's Office. He says one of his deputies showed up to help Concord Police and spent 56 minutes trying to catch the dog. Archer says his deputy, Sean Austin, never witnessed the animal act aggressively toward adults or children nearby, but he chose to shoot and kill it. "We couldn't do anything with the dog, we had to finally make a decision,” says Archer.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/local/92833669.html.

should have tased him. darn humans run into a fenced in yard (stadium) and the dogs run out. both ended up in trouble. talk about learning your place.

seriously speaking, they should have found a different way to stop the dog. So he can use a firearm but he can't use a tranquilizer gun? that's just wrong.

edit: Fixxah beat me too it while i was typing...lol

Back
Top Bottom