need a handgun rack for the safe

Hi guys

I just finished cleaning out and sorting the ammo in the big safe, and what would really help me make more room in there would be a haddgun rack so that I could free up some shelf space without haveing the handguns resting against each other (who knew a 12 gun and two 36gun safes would fill up so fast). Does anyone know of a good source for a rack like this that wont cost me my first born child?

Any help is greatly apreciated!

Thanks,

-Jon

I use these:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=870529

do a search for "safes" on NES and there are quite a few threads with photos if you're looking for ideas
+1, I like these a lot. You can connect them to make one long rack. Here's mine
Saferevolvers.jpg

Yeah, I need something similar. I am better off with those sort of velcro holsters that hang on the inside door of the safe's door. I tried to find them, but need to know what they are specifically called so I can find them [sad]

Wal-Mart ??

Yes, but they are harder to find than hen's teeth! I've shopped at least 4-5 different stores from Northboro to N. Attleboro and points in between. Even had a manager order a dozen for the store and gave me a date of delivery. A week after that date I was able to find one or two of them.

Yes, but they are harder to find than hen's teeth! I've shopped at least 4-5 different stores from Northboro to N. Attleboro and points in between. Even had a manager order a dozen for the store and gave me a date of delivery. A week after that date I was able to find one or two of them.
I imagine if you know the SKU # you can have them shipped to you local Wal-Mart. I'll have to go to their website and see if I can find them. I've got three gun safes so I'll need at least three of them.

I imagine if you know the SKU # you can have them shipped to you local Wal-Mart. I'll have to go to their website and see if I can find them. I've got three gun safes so I'll need at least three of them.

Their shelves with this stuff looks like a hurricane struck! I found one of the "wraps" (package) and kept it so that I can ask specifically for it. Every unit I've found on shelves has had NO label on it so they couldn't scan it and sell it! [rolleyes]

Here's the info:

Mainstays Lid & Plate Rack, 22351, SKU 033789223513

Yeah, I need something similar. I am better off with those sort of velcro holsters that hang on the inside door of the safe's door. I tried to find them, but need to know what they are specifically called so I can find them [sad]

eastern security has them at all the guns shows. I think I paid $20 for 6 IIRC

IMG_4364.jpg

The six gun rack

IMG_4374.jpg

Four gun rack

IMG_4376.jpg

The stacked racks

IMG_4378E.jpg

They do a neat job and utilize less space than most.

There are a lot of very decent gun racks to be had out there. I bought the same gun racks as RB26 and they work great. They are super strong and vinyl coated so it can't mar the finish of your guns. You can even "stack" them to put more guns in a small area. When you need to work on them the racks are great for carrying two, three or more to where you want to work on them or even put rack and all in your range bag when heading out for a shoot.

I shopped around on the net and found them for about 40% less than what Browells is selling them for (can't find my receipt now). They're cheap enough though at the regular price also. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Last edited:
Their shelves with this stuff looks like a hurricane struck! I found one of the "wraps" (package) and kept it so that I can ask specifically for it. Every unit I've found on shelves has had NO label on it so they couldn't scan it and sell it! [rolleyes]

Here's the info:

Thanks Len. It'll be nice to get all of our handguns out of their original factory boxes and have more room to buy more ammo.[wink]

"Pistol pockets," "door panel pistol storage system," and "Rack Um Racks door panel storage". Cabelas has the latter two under those names (XZ-22-8225, 22-9724, 22-9725-008 and 22-9725-016), and I think the pistol pockets one is Liberty's brand (though I think it fits other brands of safe, too).

Never tried 'em, but since I had a paper catalog to hand...

"Pistol pockets," "door panel pistol storage system," and "Rack Um Racks door panel storage". Cabelas has the latter two under those names (XZ-22-8225, 22-9724, 22-9725-008 and 22-9725-016), and I think the pistol pockets one is Liberty's brand (though I think it fits other brands of safe, too).

Never tried 'em, but since I had a paper catalog to hand...

thanks! I am going to try and order them sometime soon. I want the shelving for the ammo (until it comes time to buy a second safe for ammo!)

Awesome thanks for all the great pictures and suggestions, Rep points inbound for all who contributed.

In my searching I came across this:

SpoolPistolStorage1.jpg

SpoolPistolStorage2.jpg

SpoolPistolStorage3.jpg

I would really like to do this for its clean look, but upon closer inspection I discovered that the wall on my safe door is sheetrock beneath the carpet, so im concerened about the screws holding. Has anyone tried mounting to this sheetrock? or come up with a solution?

I would really like to do this for its clean look, but upon closer inspection I discovered that the wall on my safe door is sheetrock beneath the carpet, so im concerened about the screws holding. Has anyone tried mounting to this sheetrock? or come up with a solution?

The sheetrock is probably part of the design for fire safety. If you pry into a fire rated safe, the walls are usually pretty thin steel, but they are loaded with gypsum material. When the gypsum trys to burn, it gives off water vapor, whch cools itself off.

So, if you care about the fire safety aspect, I would not put anything like wood mounted to the door. There are various types of sheetrock mounting screws made of steel. I would go for that sort of soluton, maybe with a vinyl coated frame to hold each gun.

Here's the info:

Walmart in Northboro has 3 left after the 3 I grabbed. In their proper place all with the little wraps. (don't lose them on the way to the cash register).

Don't bother going to the ammo section. Extremely bare.

Back
Top Bottom