need opinions

looking for a good a red dot sight for an AR. Don't really know much about them or which ones are good names. From being in the military, I have used a Trijicon ACOG, kind of. I think it was something close to that. any opinions. Thanks

I shot one of my buddies that had a red dot mounted on top of the carry handle. I liked it, sitting a little higher on the gun. I just don't remember what model it was. Can any of the ones you guys have mentiond be mounted on top of the handle, through the hole in the handle. I have an A3 upper, so I can mount it on the flat top, but I would rather have it sitting up higher on top of the handle.

All my research concluded it you're going to put it on a carry handle, go for the ACOG. If not Aimpoint or EOTech is personal pref.

I have a Bushy 20" carry handle model and was thinking of an ACOG but they're like $800. For a little bit more (about $1000) I could get a new Bushy 16" flattop AND and EOTech.

I have an Eotech 512, mounted on a flattop carbine. I would recommend it. Another plus for the Eotech is there is no extra $ necessary for mounts.

I have the EOTECH ( I forgot what model, N size batterys, no NV settings)
I mounted this with a RRA mount with a BUIS. the whole package ran about $400. It looks like this.
dom_eo_rr2.jpg

Eotech cowitness?

swatmedic said:
I have the EOTECH ( I forgot what model, N size batterys, no NV settings)
I mounted this with a RRA mount with a BUIS. the whole package ran about $400. It looks like this.
dom_eo_rr2.jpg

So I've read that the Eotech works with the standard A2 front sight in cowitness mode without the need for any riser. But isn't the front sight annoying in the sense that it obstructs the general view of the surrounding target area? Or is it small enough or out of focus so that's not a problem?

Back
Top Bottom