Need Some Help with my H&R 22LR

I inherited a Harrington & Richardson Model 865 'Plainsman' 22LR recently. Great gun and a ton of fun. Consistent and accurate, more so than my 10/22. The rifle never ejected the casing. Couldn't find anything on the web describing whether it should or not. Called H&R and they said the gun was too old and they have no records. I noticed the extractors are very worn and thought that if they weren't extracting properly then it might not eject as designed. Bought new extractors, but can't figure out how to replace them. Does anyone have experience with this rifle and can provide some instructions to how to replace the extractors?

On a side note, can't wait until tomorrow - My wife asked to go to the range with me! Plan to bring everything I've got, start out with my 10/22, slowly move up and hopefully finish the afternoon off with a 1911

Thanks for the link. Actually that's where I ordered parts from. No where does it list or mention an ejector. Anyone know if it should eject? Once in a while the empty will roll out when the rifle is turned on its side, but often needs a screw driver or something to help it out.

Take a look for a sheet metal part on the left side in the receiver. Some of the older guns just used a metal plate as part of the bolt guide as the ejector. My H&R Model 151 uses this type along with the Model 451 Medalist. Maybe it's worn off enough metal to be useless...

Check your part # 6 - the bolt guide. See if that is okay and doesn't have a chunk taken out or missing.

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom