Nenameseck Sportsmans club, Ware, MA

Hi all this is my first post!!!

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on the
Nenameseck Club in Ware, I am think of joining b/c
i Live in the area.

Hi, Mike. Welcome to NES!

I've only been to that club once, but they have IDPA shoots and pin shoots on a regular basis. One downside is that it looks like the indoor range doubles as archery AND pistol and when shooting pistol you're limited to lead only.

On the upside is that they seem to be VERY friendly there! Mortis (who also lives out your way) and I went there and were greeted very warmly, and folks even let us borrow .22 revolvers for the rimfire revolver stage.

Sorry I couldn't help you more!

Mike,

I shoot IDPA (they call them "combat shoots") fairly often.

Nice group of folks. They have several outdoor ranges and an indoor range. The indoor range allows lead ammo ONLY as the backstop supposedly won't support FMJ.

I haven't joined yet, but I'm likely to join too.

Dick at Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer is one of their members too.

Let us know if you join.

Last edited:
Mike,
Quaboag Sportsmans Club is just a few miles down the road (in Warren).
Ranges from 25 to 200, also skeet and archery.
$25 year.
Very little organized activity though.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you directions & contact info.
Jack

I've been a member of Nenameseck for a few years. The 'no-jacket ammo' rule for the indoor range is somewhat of a bummer, but then again, it's a heated indoor range with 24-hour access. The schedule of archery and gun days is posted on the website. You can shoot on an 'archery' day, just have to give way to any archers that show up. The outdoor rifle range has a covered line with benches and 100, 200, and 300 yard berms. The outdoor pistol range is 50' I believe.
Thor, what's your real name? We probably shoot together at the 'combat' events (John)

Thanks guys

I did join and have only used the indoor range so far which is low tech
and the no jacketed bullet does make it tough for me to find ammo.
But i think for the money (about 85$ a year) and 24 hour access it is
well worth the money.

There nothing wrong with belonging to more then one club. Right!
For 25$ it would be worth it to have another option to hit.
Does the Quaboag Sportsmans club have a web site??

Last edited:
Although my membership has lapsed, I was a member there for 3 years and its a great club. Not much in the way of social type stuff, but all in all,worth the money

I realize that this thread is kind of old but I figured I would chime in anyway. I joined this club a couple of months ago and have gone shooting just about every weekend since.

BTW, they have done some modifications and the indoor range now allows jacketed ammo. I haven't used the indoor range yet but probably will when weather turns colder.

So, who else from here is a member there?

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but does anyone have any more recent experiences at this club? I just moved to Belchertown and am looking for a club to join. This one caught my eye.

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but does anyone have any more recent experiences at this club? I just moved to Belchertown and am looking for a club to join. This one caught my eye.

if you are in belchertown take a minute and stop by fairview sportsmans club on turkey hill. there will be people there tomorrow as we have turkey shoots going on. club has approximately 400 acres of land, stocked pond, trap, archery,rifle and pistol ranges and is open for lmembers to ride atvs. nemameseck is a great club. i belonged to it years ago and was one of three members who built the indoor range. check out both clubs and more even.

Nenameseck is a nice club. The rifle range goes out to 300yds—which not many clubs have—and the indoor range is nice in the winter. The recent bylaw changes aren't a big deal... housekeeping stuff like updating the indoor range rulesdue to the upgraded back stop.

It is a nice, laid back club. What that said, I have heard something about the bylaws changing but at this point I do not know what and when.
Their web site has the bylaws and the proposed changes listed in it. I came across it before posting here. As guywithglasses said, they're not really a big deal.

One thing I came across on this site (NES) was the fact that the archers and shooters split a range. It sounds like they're opening a new archery range to eliminate this issue. Is this actually the case?

if you are in belchertown take a minute and stop by fairview sportsmans club on turkey hill. there will be people there tomorrow as we have turkey shoots going on. club has approximately 400 acres of land, stocked pond, trap, archery,rifle and pistol ranges and is open for lmembers to ride atvs. nemameseck is a great club. i belonged to it years ago and was one of three members who built the indoor range. check out both clubs and more even.

Bob, do you know if they have a web site? A Google search turned up a very basic one, http://www.fairviewsportsmen.50megs.com/index.html, with not a heck of a lot of info. One of the links on it is supposed to direct to the original web site but doesn't.

It is a nice, laid back club. What that said, I have heard something about the bylaws changing but at this point I do not know what and when.

Yes - there was a general meeting on Jan 12th - Small items really

Their web site has the bylaws and the proposed changes listed in it. I came across it before posting here. As guywithglasses said, they're not really a big deal.

One thing I came across on this site (NES) was the fact that the archers and shooters split a range. It sounds like they're opening a new archery range to eliminate this issue. Is this actually the case?

There will be 2 indoor ranges. A new one being built for Archers and the original indoor range will be used for shooters. This will really help eliminate scheduling conflicts and make coexisting a reality - Although I have never had any issued with archers.

Bob, do you know if they have a web site? A Google search turned up a very basic one, http://www.fairviewsportsmen.50megs.com/index.html, with not a heck of a lot of info. One of the links on it is supposed to direct to the original web site but doesn't.

right at the moment that is unfortunately our site....it is old and we are working on getting a new one up and running. if you want any info pm me and i will do and tell you what ever i can btw i am currently and have been an officer there for 8 to 10 yrs and a member there for 25 plus yrs.

Swift River Sportsmans is in Belchertown as well. Cold spring rd Very nice

Chicopee sportsmans is on the Belchertown Granby line Also very nice and not too expensive.

At the last general meeting the status of the new range came up. Apparently all that is left is lighting and some small stuff that was going to go quick, they were real anxious that they would use it soon. The old range is "basic" but clean and maintained, the heat is wonderful, not being able to feel your fingers to load mags sucks. Overall a great club with friendly people, hope to see you there. Jim

Back
Top Bottom