New Arizona CCW Law Starts Thursday 7/29

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
http://www.kgun9.com/Global/story.asp?S=12874010

Arizona has adopted a Vermont style CCW law. As of Today, Anyone who can pass a NICS check can now carry a concealed handgun in Arizona without any special permit.

Tucson, Ariz (KGUN9-TV) - Love is in the air at the Marksmen Pistol range.

"It was a valentine's present to come get our permits. We came down here ... and took classes together," explained gun enthusiast Helen Williams. She and daughter, Jennifer Griner, love to fire their guns.

And, this Thursday that passion will be a whole lot easier to embrace; a new Arizona gun law goes into effect.

"I do know we'll be able to conceal carry ...anybody in Arizona who is not a felon if they choose to ...without having to go thru certification classes," said Griner.

You will no longer need a concealed carry weapons permit, or c-c-w

And, while mom and daughter love their guns, they're not crazy about parts of the new law, especially that no more education classes will be required.

"Would you drive a car without taking drivers' education and lessons? And, if you wouldn't, why would you fire a weapon without doing same thing ... without taking classes and getting license? " asked WIlliams.

Gun Owners of Arizona president Ken Rineer sums it up this way, "You will no longer need government permission slip to carry concealed."

And, that includes places like parks, where kids roam freely. Rineer rationalizes it this way, "People are carrying whether you know it or not...a criminal will have firearm...he will just carry discreetly."

It's important to note that CCW classes will still be offered and permits will still be issued. That's especially important if you plan to carry concealed in other states

And, as far as the impact on crime? Vermont has a similar law, but has the lowest crime rate in the country. Conversely, places like Washington D-C, Chicago and New York City have some of the most strict gun laws on the books, along with the most violent crime.

[party]

I have two brothers that live in Phoenix. They are both very excited about this new law. One of my brothers was going to get a permit, but never got around to it. Looks like he made out never having to go through the process and can now CCW anyway.

"Would you drive a car without taking drivers' education and lessons? And, if you wouldn't, why would you fire a weapon without doing same thing ... without taking classes and getting license? " asked Williams.

Tool.

Arizona is looking better and better.

Good. The law abiding citizens of Arizona should be armed 24/7. I hope everyone of them does this.

Funny. I just purchased items off of GB, and the seller happened to be from AZ. I asked him what the local social climate was out there in the wake of the illegal immigrant law and the CCW law.

He said that tourism is up. Most protests that occur are attended by people who are bussed in from out of state. There was a recent murder in "The Valley" (not sure where that is) in which illegal immigrants are suspected. Also noted that it is an unspoken truth that illegals who run drugs and humans across the desert are heavily armed.

Since I am in the job Market, I have decided to expand my search to AZ. I hate heat but at least I won't have to worry about all the liberals moving in and destroying the state.

Since I am in the job Market, I have decided to expand my search to AZ. I hate heat but at least I won't have to worry about all the liberals moving in and destroying the state.

But it's a dry heat [smile]

Northern AZ isn't too bad temperature wise. I do miss it out there; yes Phoenix was like an oven in the summer - but good times.

Last edited:
Having lived out there for a short period "open carry" with a DL was legal (90s) but not looked upon well, plus there were still places to tie your horse up at outside SOME old drinking holes in the uber burbes. I can only imagine the amount of illegals out there in SOUTHERN AZ these days. I'd be open carrying and CCW'ing. I bet the crime rate out there is headed for the stars! A Quadrazillion illegals in the schools, hospitals, EVERYWHERE. All future Dems for sure when Obama, like Regan grants blanket amnesty.<GRrrrrrrr>

Last edited:
There was a recent murder in "The Valley" (not sure where that is) in which illegal immigrants are suspected.

"The Valley" refers to Paradise Valley. Its basically the Phoenix are they are referring to.

Not surprised illegal immigrants were suspected of the crime. 87% of Phoenix PD officers killed in the line of duty over the last 10 years were done so by illegals.

"The Valley" refers to Paradise Valley. Its basically the Phoenix are they are referring to.

Not surprised illegal immigrants were suspected of the crime. 87% of Phoenix PD officers killed in the line of duty over the last 10 years were done so by illegals.

Got a link for that statistic? I'd like to use it as ammo in any FTF debates I get involved in.

Back
Top Bottom