New information on NH cop killing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Liko's passenger is 100% credible! [rolleyes]

That info looks a "bit over the top" wrt my personal "believability meter"!

The cruiser video should have all this recorded if this was the way it went down, but somehow I'm more than a bit suspicious about the passenger's report.

I'm also very skeptical about that story. Of course, if it's true and the evidence comes to light then the shit will really hit the fan.

I too have many questions about what happened in this incident.
The previous thread about it got a little heated and the moderators locked it.
I understand they locked it because of name calling and the fact that it was going off topic, but it had some very good discussion as well.

I would like for the cruiser video of the incident to be released to the public. It probably won't answer all the questions, but I think it would answer many of them very quickly.

I don't want to view this video to see a police officer being shot and I also don't want to view this video in order to see the suspect getting shot. Hell, I don't even have to view it myself, but it should be made public to prove that there was nothing fishy going on. The investigators should be allowed to make their report, but after that the tape should be public.

If the tape is never released, or lost/destroyed somehow then I call B.S. on this whole thing.

SOX

They haven't used video tape in years. All the in-car video setups are now digital. They higher priced ones automatically download to the server when the car pulls into the parking area. By now they probably have the video downloading via the MDC link if the braodband connection is good enough.

I know some of us like to assume that all police officers are out to screw us, and entire world is massing in a vast conspiracy against us....
But I must point out that we also have the family of the officer to consider in this. If in fact he is guilty of no wrong doing in this incident why should a bunch of morbid pukes get to download his death in streaming video? I trust that with the number of agencies viewing this footage (I highly doubt it's only his dept.) that the thin blue line could not hold back this tide. IMHO just assuming there is a cover-up based on the word of a single accomplice is most likely the wrong approach. I'm also fairly certain that even if a video was released that showed absolutely no wrong doing, some would claim it was a fake shot in the same studio as the Apollo moon landing.[rolleyes]

I know some of us like to assume that all police officers are out to screw us, and entire world is massing in a vast conspiracy against us....
But I must point out that we also have the family of the officer to consider in this.---Ripach

I haven’t really followed this shooting, but if there is a video of the confrontation then I think it should be released as it should help verify or disprove the various allegations.

And yes I think that people (both the LEO haters and LEO lovers) on both sides of the argument will spin what ever is shown in the video. But at least the evidence will be there, for all those that are interested, to see and hear.

As for the family, they do not have to watch it and I don’t believe I would either.

Respectfully

jkelly

Video won't mean jack considering it's an editible media & people will always assume contrary to what's shown---AW.O

Interesting statement, you judge the value of (I think) an unseen Video and determine how both the media and people "will always" react to it.

I would guess that SOME people will assume only that what helps their argument and that OTHERS will judge the video for its content.

The complete unadulterated video can only show what the lens sees, of which the interpretation is left to the viewer and their biases. It doesn't help the truth not to release the video but not releasing it could hurt the truth.

jkelly

Interesting statement, you judge the value of (I think) an unseen Video and determine how both the media and people "will always" react to it.

I would guess that SOME people will assume only that what helps their argument and that OTHERS will judge the video for its content.

The complete unadulterated video can only show what the lens sees, of which the interpretation is left to the viewer and their biases. It doesn't help the truth not to release the video but not releasing it could hurt the truth.

jkelly

In fairness, I don't think he was arguing against releasing the video, but merely commenting that even having the video won't quiet the conspiracy theorists who want to believe this is all some big "government setup of poor Liko." [rolleyes]

In fairness, I don't think he was arguing against releasing the video, but merely commenting that even having the video won't quiet the conspiracy theorists who want to believe this is all some big "government setup of poor Liko." ---ScottS

Yes I think I understood what AW.O was saying and I thought it was an interesting way to say as much.

My counter point (in post #12) is that “Conspiracy Theorists” on both sides of the argument (the LEO Lovers and LEO Haters) might not be moved by the information on the video. But the video itself is an unbiased truth and this information could be very valuable in helping the people whose opinions are formed more by the facts of an argument, then by their alliance to a particular group.

Respectfully

jkelly

Last edited:
Yes I think I understood what AW.O was saying and I thought it was an interesting way to say as much.

My counter point (in post #12) is that “Conspiracy Theorists” on both sides of the argument (the LEO Lovers and LEO Haters) might not be moved by the information on the video. But the video itself is an unbiased truth and this information could be very valuable in helping the people whose opinions are formed more by the facts of an argument, then by their alliance to a particular group.

Respectfully

jkelly

I agree completely. The video needs to be made available, as it is the only "unspun" version of the events of that day.

A suggestion

Let's ask Bruce Mckay's 9 year old daughter if she thinks the tape should be released to be played again and again all over the media...

But..After all..What's her opinion?Just a little girl who has already been through enough..Don't you think?

Measure the "People's Right to Know" against the pain and loss this young lady has already suffered and I think you'll have your answer...Let it Go...

Last edited:
Let's ask Bruce Mckay's 9 year old daughter if she thinks the tape should be released to be played again and again all over the media...

But..After all..What's her opinion?Just a little girl who has already been through enough..Don't you think?

Measure the "People's Right to Know" against the pain and loss this young lady has already suffered and I think you'll have your answer...Let it Go...

So the people’s right to know if an officer acted in bad faith is trumped by his daughter? No one else gets a free pass because of their kids, why should he? His kid has nothing to do with this incident.

A quick and final response

Who said anything about a free pass? The incident is being properly investigated by several Agencies.

Where is it written that the tape MUST be publically released.I know of no law or statute requiring release...Not even covered by Freedom of Information Act as far as I know...

As far as anything being "trumped" This is not a card game here...Perhaps an independent investigation should be made if that would satisfy the conspiracy theorists...Just don't feed the media circus.

A little compassion would do the world a bit of good regardless of who's daughter or son is involved.

So what makes you think I'm pro illegal?

Seeing since this thread had gone off topic I figured I would follow and I was just commenting on your statement... enough said I was not trying to imply you were.

Who said anything about a free pass? The incident is being properly investigated by several Agencies.

Where is it written that the tape MUST be publically released.I know of no law or statute requiring release...Not even covered by Freedom of Information Act as far as I know...

As far as anything being "trumped" This is not a card game here...Perhaps an independent investigation should be made if that would satisfy the conspiracy theorists...Just don't feed the media circus.

A little compassion would do the world a bit of good regardless of who's daughter or son is involved.

That’s the whole point of making the video public. To help ensure a real investigation is done. I never said it had to be released, but it says a lot when they don't want the public to scrutinize the situation. The media is circus no matter what, but I don't think they are gonna air the video millions of times if it doesn't show anything questionable.

Once again, no ones children are involved. This is about a police stop that resulted in 2 people being killed. Obviously something went truly wrong in this situation and everyone in the community deserves to know.

Measure the "People's Right to Know" against the pain and loss this young lady has already suffered and I think you'll have your answer...Let it Go...---sm1

A well stated, very emotional and heart wrenching post.

Although I don’t know if there is a “People’s Right to Know” and it may not be compassionate I think societies need to know would out weigh the anguish of either family.

Respectfully,

jkelly

So the people’s right to know if an officer acted in bad faith is trumped by his daughter? No one else gets a free pass because of their kids, why should he? His kid has nothing to do with this incident.

Right on brother. My heart goes out to the fatherless girl, but this story smells to high heaven.

Let's go to the video tape!

Video won't mean jack considering it's an editible media & people will always assume contrary to what's shown---AW.O

I think the point was that, since videos, whether digital or analog can be edited, the true hard corps conspiracy types will never believe it or any other evidence that tends argue against their current theory of what "they" are really doing.

Ken

I think the point was that, since videos, whether digital or analog can be edited, the true hard corps conspiracy types will never believe it or any other evidence that tends argue against their current theory of what "they" are really doing.---KMaurer

Yes I agree and I thought I said as much in post #12:

I would guess that SOME people will assume only that which(edited "what") helps their argument and that OTHERS will judge the video for its content.

The complete unadulterated video can only show what the lens sees, of which the interpretation is left to the viewer and their biases.---jkelly

And again in post #14:

My counter point (in post #12) is that “Conspiracy Theorists” on both sides of the argument (the LEO Lovers and LEO Haters) might not be moved by the information on the video. But the video itself is an unbiased truth and this information could be very valuable in helping the people whose opinions are formed more by the facts of an argument, then by their alliance to a particular group.---jkelly

Respectfully,

jkelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom