New kid in the class from Taunton

I just joined the forum yesterday and was approved about 5 minutes ago. I did some semi-lurking, but figured I needed one group to be in that this would be it.

Not to down anybody with the story, but I started shooting probably at the age of 6 in Ridgeway VA. My father bought, which I still have, a .22 rifle for me. I went to JROTC where I picked up an expert marksman badge although I couldn't spit shine my shoes. lol We ended up moving up here in '87 and the laws were a little more stringent lets say. A couple years ago my father committed suicide (not by gun if you're wondering) and his weapons had been seized by the police so when he passed I had to pick them up which means I needed an license to do so.

I took my course at Precision Point Firearms which my friend runs and I had no idea he was even into firearms. Was a pretty easy class since I knew what I was doing, but fun. While I was waiting my friend took me to the range to get back into the groove.

I had my license shortly thereafter. I inherited about 13 firearms in various conditions, including the first rifle I ever fired and my childhood rifle were released to me. I gave a good group to my mom and still have a couple of handguns I have to pick up from a friend of his (my father worked at a Sheriff's office and I have a lot of officer friends). I went on to purchase 5 more in a little under a month. I applied to Taunton Gun Club and am now awaiting their response.

Last edited:
Taunton rifle and pistol is a great club. I am a member and love the outdoor range. You should hear from them soon and you will have to attend an orientation should you be accepted. I live in Raynham if ya wanna check out the club shoot me a PM will be glad to show ya the place. Hell since I'm usually there anyway lol

Keith

Taunton rifle and pistol is a great club. I am a member and love the outdoor range. You should hear from them soon and you will have to attend an orientation should you be accepted. I live in Raynham if ya wanna check out the club shoot me a PM will be glad to show ya the place. Hell since I'm usually there anyway lol

Keith

I'll be there tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom