• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New LTC

Hey guys, I’m writing here to see if anyone have any input on how long to get LTC mailed on average lately.

Went for interview/application with LO/check/fingerprint last Friday 10/28/22 she was very nice and the detective was very cool as well, she told me 14 weeks, I was wondering if this is the normal or if a given time so nobody call them to bother about the process.

Thank you

Mine was 5 weeks during COVID. It's a combo of the PD and the State Police. Both like to take their sweeeeeeet time, while blaming the other party.

Hey guys, I’m writing here to see if anyone have any input on how long to get LTC mailed on average lately.

Went for interview/application with LO/check/fingerprint last Friday 10/28/22 she was very nice and the detective was very cool as well, she told me 14 weeks, I was wondering if this is the normal or if a given time so nobody call them to bother about the process.

Thank you

Welcome.

What town if we may ask?

OP- welcome.

A little more detail will get you a better answer, with this question, and others in the future.

The wise-ass answer is, "Which it will be ready, when it's ready," as Killick says in Master and Commander. Meaning that you have little to no control over the process. You should have it within 40 days, per State law, but since there is no penalty or enforcement mechanism to hold the licensing authority to that standard, it's more of what you'd call a guideline ( to throw in another movie reference).

Different towns run at different speeds, for a variety of reasons. Tell us the town, and you may get a recent applicant's feedback. Otherwise, hold your breath, and they'll deliver it to Blue Boy.

Also, unless the PD said that they would mail it, find out the way to physically get it. In my locality, you have to pick it up in person, and present a photo ID (the one they're giving you does not count [rofl]).

LTC was issued 9 days after the fingerprint. LTC was received in the mail 24 days after the fingerprint (35 days after the application form was handed in). This happened in October, last month.

LTC was issued 9 days after the fingerprint. LTC was received in the mail 24 days after the fingerprint (35 days after the application form was handed in). This happened in October, last month.

Not bad. Where?

It took only 30 minutes from handing in the application form to having the license card in my hands when I got my Pennsylvania non-resident carry permit.

Sorry guys, new here didn’t notice you guys replied. My check was cleared from my account Wednesday and I called just to check and the lady at the hotline told me is pending review from what I believe FRB I believe and she told me 2-3 weeks. That mean my local pd is all done with the process and is waiting for the state to review it?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom