New Member - N. Attleboro

ontrgt808

NES Member
New here, been lurking for a while. I like the forums & format and the general attitude of everyone I've seen post. Been out of the firearms game (family/ work - the usual) for a while- looks like I have some catching up to do. Now it's time to get back into what I enjoy. I have managed to keep most of what I accrued over the years. Looking to add, maybe subtract a few, but definitely shoot more than I have been.
Have been handling firearms since I was 16, too many years ago to admit. Hope to be in touch with some of you in the near future. Thanks

Welcome to NES. There's good conversation to be had here and the group shoots are always great. I used to be a member of AFS in North Attleboro. Do you belong to a club yet?

Not yet. I belonged to the Walpole Sporstmans club for about 10 years, then moved. I have shot a couple times at AFS, good facility, but nothing like shooting outdoors and at long range with the long guns.

WELCOME!!! Browse around, also check out the NES shoots held in New Hampshire and Ma. Also the Milsurp section is one of my favorites. The survival section is packed with some great deals on food stuffs, bug out equipment etc. All around its a great place to share ideas, ask questions and meet some great folks.

One thing I will ask, if you can please donate to Comm2A. Even if its only $5. There is a post all about this organization and you will see its an outstanding group of folks fighting for our second amendment rights.

Once again. WELCOME to the NES family.

Welcome to NES. Your presence here, and going GREEN, shows that you share our mutual interest in the RTKBA, as well as our sport/ pastime, and I am glad you are here.

Some Forum tips -

Read the stickys if you have not yet - good stuff, especially common abbreviations and acronyms, the rules and laws etc.

As a Green member you can list those items that you would like to thin from the collection on the Classifieds and sell them to good folks - also a good place to find a fair price for those items you want to add to the collection

Don't take it personally if during the discussions another member voices a strong opinion that is different than your own and does so in a less than polite manner. It is the internet - don't take it seriously and grow some thick skin. There really are some great opinions here and a few not so great ones.

Remember that this is a public forum and that not everyone who visits here is a friendly.

The best way to search for something is to use Google. For example, lets say you want to find out why Glocks suck. Type "Why Glocks suck? Northeast shooters into a Google search box

Enjoy the forum.

Thank you for the greetings from all. I look forward to reading and participating in the future. And also thanks for the tips - I know how some of these blogs/ forums can be "mis-construed". I'll be careful how I say what I mean and have a thick skin. After all, I live in Massachusetts. Shouldn't be a problem with like-minded people like yourselves.

PS. Seems the Plymouth show is better than than Marlboro Show. Fair to say? Never been to Plymouth. Been to Marlboro years ago, is it still kind of Ya-hoo central? I know I'm starting already. Sorry.

I think that in general Plymouth has improved over the years. Heck, a gun show is a gun show. It's a great way to kill an afternoon and look at a bunch of stuff that you might not otherwise see. It is pretty rare to see exceptional deals on guns, but every now and then you may get lucky.

You might find a decent price on some ammo or an old holster or a pocket knife. Custom made ear plugs are worth the money and there is always jerky!

Funny about the Jerky. That was my favorite part.

Yeah, at least you can hold some different guns from different vendors. Although, the $$ are usually a bit high from what I remember - looks like not much has changed. The classifieds here seem reasonable and everyone knows how to go about making a deal. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom