New shooter report, and... Marines can shoot

My parents live in Florida and were here in MA for a visit recently. My mom hasn't fired a gun since shooting a .22 as a kid and has always been uncomfortable around guns. However, she's been increasingly pro-gun since Katrina. I took her to the local range with my trusty S&W Model 10 and set up an IDPA target at the realistic self-defense distance of 5 yards. After I explained how the revolver operated, and some dry fire practice, she proceeded to fire a couple of cylinder fulls right into the middle of the "A" zone. I believe she left the range with some confidence that she could shoot a handgun with accuracy, and that guns were less "scary" because she knew more about them.

As a side note, my dad and I each fired a cylinder full. His group was the same size ragged hole as mine. I shoot all the time, but I don't believe he's held a handgun since he was in the Marines in the early 60s.

I was suppose to take my cousin and his girlfriend up to the range over the weekend but it did not work out. Glad to see someone got some "new" blood out there.

Back
Top Bottom