New shop in Orange

New gun shop opens in Orange this Sunday. I believe the hours said 10-3... Think I'm going to go and check it out...

Bear Arms

Last edited:
Oooh, this is definitely interesting. It's great to see a third operating gun shop in Orange. I'll definitely have to drop by this Sunday, I'm in the area almost everyday. Does anyone have info on weekday hours?

There are three gun shops in Orange? WTF??? Why didn't I know this before now? [thinking]

You've got Grrr Gear down on East Main St (about 3/4 of a mile from Walmart) they don't have much in stock in regards to firearms, they have ammo, a couple long arms and a few pistols; it's mostly Archery and outdoor clothing. Then further down the road about a quarter mile from Grrr Gear towards the center of town you've got Buck Rub Sporting Goods (it's part of an autobody shop, real small shop but I highly recommend it, Sherman is a good guy). Now you've got Bear Arms opening up in the Aubuchon Plaza.

There used to be this place J.P's Tactical down on East River St, the sign is still up but it looks abandoned to me, I've never seen the place open, maybe by appointment?

You've got Grrr Gear down on East Main St (about 3/4 of a mile from Walmart) they don't have much in stock in regards to firearms, they have ammo, a couple long arms and a few pistols; it's mostly Archery and outdoor clothing. Then further down the road about a quarter mile from Grrr Gear towards the center of town you've got Buck Rub Sporting Goods (it's part of an autobody shop, real small shop but I highly recommend it, Sherman is a good guy). Now you've got Bear Arms opening up in the Aubuchon Plaza.

There used to be this place J.P's Tactical down on East River St, the sign is still up but it looks abandoned to me, I've never seen the place open, maybe by appointment?
Funny that I was out that way last month and didn't know of those shops. I would have stopped in. But I won't miss them next time. [wink]

Funny But I won't miss them next time. [wink]

Buck Rub is incredibly easy to miss. Go past Grrr Gear about a quarter to a half mile towards the center of town, it's in the front right corner of a red auto body shop (same side of the road as Grrr Gear), there's usually a bunch of cars in the parking lot so I tend to park out at Orange Armory if there's no room.

I only see one athol and that's one athol too many. [thinking]

True story at that.

Anyone check this place out today? I got there 5 minutes before they opened and there was already about 15-20 people inside so I just turned around and walked back out with my daughter. I will check it out when it's not so busy...

Yeah, I pulled in there at 12:30 this afternoon and at 3 to see who won the raffle, there must have been about 10 people in there when I first arrived. They appeared to have 3 people working. They had several Ruger SR9's, SR40's, and a few SR22's, for fairly reasonable prices. They had a Bulgarian Makarov with 3 mags and a Norinco SKS for sale, they had several Gen4 Glocks for competitive prices as well. There was also several Remington 870's on the wall, and they had several used shotguns and .22 rifles.

They were actually raffling off a Marlin Model 60 in Stainless for 20 bucks per ticket so I have no doubt they were busy today. The owners Matt & Ed seem like real stand up guys, and I believe they'll fit in very well in the area, I would definitely highly recommend dropping on by! [rockon][thumbsup] Good luck to y'all!

the reason why I was going to go in there was to see if I can find a decent deal on a 22 riffle. After seeing the line when I pulled out of the parking lot my daughter fell asleep so I ended up just going to Dicks so she can have a longer nap. I ended up getting a Ruger 10/22 for $200. Also since I bought a riffle the sold me some 22lr ammo...

You definitely didn't go wrong buying that 10/22 for $200, along with the ammo. Bear Arms had a camo'd out blued 10/22, I can't recall if it were either new or used but it was definitely more than $200 so it must have been new.

Is this the one next to a Chinese Restaurant?

If it is they had a nice, older S&W revolver (pre-WW1 I believe) and an early Ruger Automatic Pistol (pre-MK1).

Back
Top Bottom