New shorty AR project

I posted this in the gun gallery and it was suggested to me that I put it here instead.

These are photoshopped to shorten the barrel length to 7.5" minus the flash suppressor's length. I plan on making it a 9mm upper but I took a picture of it with a .223 magazine in it as well just to see what it looked like. Right now it's got a flat-top upper with a POF Predator free float rail, a 9mm Vortex flash suppressor and a command arms front grip/flashlight holder (no light in it yet). Form 1 will be mailed out this week and the receiver will also be sent out for engraving.

shortyar-159mmphotoshop.jpg

shortyar-15photoshop.jpg

Anyone know of any local shops that can shorten a barrel and rethread it?

AR

We can shorten the barrel and thread it to 1/2x28 on center. We can also do any engraving you need on our CNC machine. Here is an example of our logo on our converted POF receivers.

Engarving.jpg

Last edited:
I have an old SP1 that has older m16 bolt and some m16 trigger parts. if you want to trade with your ar15 bolt etc??

9mm parts

If you go to the gun shows in Springfield see Sherluck or you can call them directly 888-M16-PARTS to get any AR15 9mm part you want. I got all the internals for my 9mm DOE project from them. Everything fits and works very well.

DOE.jpg

Last edited:
We can shorten the barrel and thread it to 1/2x28 on center. We can also do any engraving you need on our CNC machine. Here is an example of our logo on our converted POF receivers.

I think I might just buy a 7.5" barrel for it. Seems like it might be quicker & easier. But then i'm stuck with a 16" barrel that i'll never do anything with so i'm still open to shortening it depending on price.

I had the engraving of my PS90 SBR done at Zero Hour and I think they gave it to you guys to do?

PM me when you get a chance and we can talk about the barrel shortening & engraving.

- Adam

EDIT: Also aren't the 9mm's threaded to 1/2x36 tpi??

Last edited:
Engraving

I've done a few guns for ZHA, possibly one of them was yours. Give me a shout, we can do something for ya.

form 1

my check was cashed the beginning of sept, but i haven't recv'd anything yet. no fare i want my form 1 too

garyz

Give them a call and see what's up. I've found them to be quite customer friendly for a federal agency. At least they'll be able to tell you if an agent is working on your application yet or not.

Did you apply personally or as a corporation/trust? I have a trust for my NFA items so that may be why mine came back sooner than yours.

form1

i sent my ppwk as individual, pd was ok signing off on it.
i'll see if i can find a # to call on monday
good luck w/ yours.

thx
garyz

And finally some real pics of the SBR complete. Rear BUIS is on order but otherwise should be about complete.

102_0855.jpg

102_0856.jpg

Back
Top Bottom