• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New town gun lawsuit dismissed ??

Good. PLCAA protects the manufacturer against such lawsuits.

I feel for the parents of the Newtown children, but at the same time they piss me off because I feel that most of them are mis-directing their anguish and allowing themselves to be used; trotted out any time someone wants to say "GUNZ ARE BAD".

I feel for the parents of the Newtown children, but at the same time they piss me off because I feel that most of them are mis-directing their anguish and allowing themselves to be used; trotted out any time someone wants to say "GUNZ ARE BAD".

Yup!

usSXDQR.gif

Maybe it was dismissed due to it would have exposed what really happened, and the true turn of events of what transpired.

Dean

I sincerely hope that the defendants in this case pursue and receive compensation for legal costs.

Well I'll that's what you get when you import people to a cause

Newtown, not New town. "New town" implies we're all living in the same town or we all know specifically what town we're talking about and that the town, not people in it, had filed suit previously.

If the laws change where manufacturers are held accountable for their goods being misused we will no longer be able to buy a car. All lawyers and greedy people looking to make a fast buck will bankrupt all the manufacturers. Imagine it will be like living in Cuba using duct tape and gum to keep your 50 year old vehicles runing.

Wondering if they were hoping this would move forward after the election. Wondering if they thought they had a liberal judge who ignored the law?

If the laws change where manufacturers are held accountable for their goods being misused we will no longer be able to buy a car. All lawyers and greedy people looking to make a fast buck will bankrupt all the manufacturers. Imagine it will be like living in Cuba using duct tape and gum to keep your 50 year old vehicles runing.
Duct tape manufacturers will be liable.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

Maybe it was dismissed due to it would have exposed what really happened, and the true turn of events of what transpired.
Most often, this sort of prediction never comes true.

I remember people predicting the US did not want to get Noriega because of the govt skullduggery it would expose. Ditto forthe capture of Whitey Bulger. Neither resulted in any serious fallout.

If the laws change where manufacturers are held accountable for their goods being misused we will no longer be able to buy a car.
The logic against car manufacturers is even stronger, since they market cars that are capable of significantly exceeding the speed limit of every state. With electronic controls, it would be trivial to disable acceleration above speeds of 75MPH, and knowing failure to do so is selling a product designed to enable breaking the law.

Last edited:
Any addictive substance could no longer be sold if the manufacturer was liable for consumers' misuse. Restaurants and supermarkets would get sued for obesity. And so on...

Remember the nightclub fire in RI? They went after everybody, and they all paid. Bud, miller, etc... for having advertisements promoting the event. Ridiculous. They paid cuz it was cheaper than a drawn out court case.

Any addictive substance could no longer be sold if the manufacturer was liable for consumers' misuse. Restaurants and supermarkets would get sued for obesity. And so on...

or the cigarette companies, oh wait

That's what actually happened to the domestic manufacture of single-engine, light aircraft for a long time. The liability picture was so awful that Cessna et. al. just stopped making that kind of aircraft for a while.

That's what actually happened to the domestic manufacture of single-engine, light aircraft for a long time. The liability picture was so awful that Cessna et. al. just stopped making that kind of aircraft for a while.
I think congress passed a law saying that once a plane was greater than "N" years old (I forgot what N was), it was no longer possible to cash in with the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom