Newbie Trip to the Range

Yesterday I managed to convince 2 good friends to come to the range with me. Eileen, despite her apprehensions, was a good sport and made the trip up to Harvard. She had never so much as held a gun prior to yesterday. Ryan has shot once or twice before and was really excited to get started. So, after the obligatory safety/basic firearms operation speech, we got started.

Ryan started things off with the AR15, which he had shot before, quite well I might add. Here he is shooting, I'm watching his shots through the scoped 10/22.

n29100038_30731549_2192.jpg

After a few shots through the 10/22, Eileen decided she was ready to give the AR15 a go:

n29100038_30731560_5467.jpg

We moved over to the 10yd range to introduce Eileen and Ryan to the wonderful world of handguns.

Eileen giving the Beretta 92 a go after first trying the Ruger MkIII:

n29100038_30731551_2777.jpg

Ryan with the XD-45:

n29100038_30731554_3662.jpg

All in all it was a great afternoon. Eileen had a great time and wants to go again. Ryan is going to apply for his LTC. You can add 2 more to our side [smile]

Tsk,tsk, she's monopoding the AR mag ;) I need to find more people to convert, er introduce to the fine art of firearms.

nice job Cuda....

I am so happy to see new people get taught the correct way and develope an appreciation for what we do....

I am bringing 3 of my friends to the range next week who have never fired a weapon either so maybe we can keep this thing going.

nice work.... [grin]

Hey, Cuda, I'm glad to see she got over her fears - that was me packing up and leaving when you guys got there.

Damn, NESers are everywhere... Thought I had my NES badge on my hat, too.

Hey, Cuda, I'm glad to see she got over her fears - that was me packing up and leaving when you guys got there.

Damn, NESers are everywhere... Thought I had my NES badge on my hat, too.

Aw man, I wish I had known! I usually try to wear NES garb to the range for that very reason; I didn't notice your NES pin. I'm always happy to meet new people! She did very well... Took her a little time to get settled in, but all in all it was a great afternoon at the range.

I'm sure I'll be seeing you again soon!

Back
Top Bottom