• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Anti-gun bills in the Senate...

There are some strange docket changes going on....

From NHFC:

NHFC has a lot of friends all across the state. Many of our supporters have unique and diverse skills. One of our friends, Seamus Casey loves firearms and wants to protect our civil right to bear arms and is a very skilled computer programmer. Without his efforts, the alert you are reading would not be possible. His skills helped us uncover some possible underhandedness at the Statehouse.

Mr. Casey developed a mobile app that monitors updates to the status of bills in real time. If you have been following our alerts and updates you know that we are actively fighting HB 109, sell a gun to a friend and go to jail and HB 564 which will only make our schools safer for criminals by disarming the law abiding. If you click here for the Docket of HB 109 or click here for the Docket of HB 564 you would see that both bills passed the House of Representatives and were sent to the Senate for consideration, were assigned to the Judiciary Committee but that a public hearing has not yet been scheduled.

But here’s where things get strange. Please bear with me as I explain, what appears to be manipulation of legislative process.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is Chaired by anti-gun radical Senator Martha Hennessey and based on the information provided by our friendly computer programmer, it appears that Senator Hennessey scheduled then cancelled hearings for HB 109, HB 514 and HB 564 then covered the tracks by undoing the changes and … [more]

Unfortunately they have control of the process via Senate rules. A complaint to the Senate president is always a good idea.

While I have no direct inside information, I would hold the morning of 4/30 in reserve for a possible hearing at the state house on 3 bills. (HB109, HB514, HB564)

Letters to editor are always an option

I don't think any letters to any NH newspaper editors will do much good as almost all NH papers are arms of the lib/prog party and hence their readers are all of the same ilk. Even the Union Leader is a hack rag. William and Nackey Loeb are spinning in their respective graves.

Looks like the senate judiciary exec'd the bills

HB 109 OTP and is scheduled for floor vote 5/23 in whole senate

HB 514 OTP amended to 3 day waiting period and is scheduled for floor vote 5/23 in whole senate http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-1959S

HB 564 OTP amended, and is scheduled for floor vote 5/23 in whole senate. Amendment is illogical....allows for firearm in vehicle of person picking up student provided the car remains locked.......cant pick up your kid if the car remains locked......... http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-1964S Goes to senate floor vote 5/23

HB 696 OTP.....if I'm reading this correctly they passed it with an amendment that fails to remove the offending firearm confiscation components Goes to senate floor vote 5/23 http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-1968S

I've had four friends commit suicide in my life time...only one with a gun and that turned out to be with his dad's gun (no waiting period would've changed things for him). Fortunately (I guess), his dad had passed a few months before so he didn't need to live with that on his conscious. I doubt if his dad had lived my friend would've done what he did. He ended up in a death spiral of mental sickness after his dad's death caused by an early heart attack.

My Senator Harold French is correct when he says in effect, no amount of waiting period will stop someone bent on doing harm to themselves.

Martha Hennessy is a progressive shrew.

I've had four friends commit suicide in my life time...only one with a gun and that turned out to be with his dad's gun (no waiting period would've changed things for him). Fortunately (I guess), his dad had passed a few months before so he didn't need to live with that on his conscious. I doubt if his dad had lived my friend would've done what he did. He ended up in a death spiral of mental sickness after his dad's death caused by an early heart attack.

My Senator Harold French is correct when he says in effect, no amount of waiting period will stop someone bent on doing harm to themselves.

Martha Hennessy is a progressive shrew.

Same experience here, only 1 with a gun he owned for years prior.

My question is more, just say it was made to law and they reduce gun suicides, so people kill themselves another way - thats a success? Ridiculous.

Probably wouldnt ever save a single life, Im just saying how ridiculous it is.

The NH senate will vote on all 4 anti-gun bills this week. From what we have been told, there are floor amendments coming for some of those bills. IMHO, the floor amendments cannot not fix the legislation. Call your senators and ask them to oppose all of these bills:
HB109, HB514, HB564, HB696.
Find your Senator here:
Welcome to the NH General Court | NH General Court

In the House, we are repeatedly reminded: we don't "fix" bad legislation, we kill it. Sometimes the Senate does that, and sometimes they do the exact opposite by doubling down.

It's a peculiar body.

Design, are any of the amendments yours?
I have not drafted any amendments for these 4 bills, but now that you mention it...

In 2014 there was this anti-gun UBC bill, HB1589, that we killed with a floor amendment. (177/175) We re-wrote the bill to be a committee to study why NH has a lower crime rate than the anti-gun states around us.

Bill_Status

Rep. Hoell, Merr. 23
Rep. Baldasaro, Rock. 5
Rep. Rideout, Coos 7
Rep. Itse, Rock. 10

February 10, 2014
2014-0467h
04/10

Floor Amendment to HB 1589-FN
Amend the title of the bill by replacing it with the following:

AN ACT establishing a committee to study the correlation between current New Hampshire law and the low violent crime rate in this state.

" IV. Investigate the gun control measures in Connecticut and Massachusetts to understand the correlation between stricter regulatory controls and higher crime rates."

Last edited:
All four bills have been passed by senate.

HB 109 Bill Title: requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.
HB 514 Bill Title: imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
HB 564 Bill Title: (New Title) relative to possession of firearms on school property.
HB 696 Bill Title: establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults.\

These are just the governor's signature away from becoming law the Granite State in January.

If you live in New Hampshire, you MUST call Governor Sununu's office ASAP.

If you've never called, don't be intimidated. It will only take a couple minutes. The staffer will ask what your comment is; tell them you oppose HB 109, 514, 564, and 696 and that you are requesting Gov. Sununu to VETO them when they reach his desk. You will be asked for your name and where you reside. That's all there is to it.

Please call him before the start of this weekend. He needs to know that there are many of us that oppose these bills. He has not yet come out and specifically said he will veto these bills yet, so he needs to get the message!

Gov. Sununu: (603) 271-2121

HB 514 Bill Title: imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.
HB 564 Bill Title: (New Title) relative to possession of firearms on school property.

These are just the governor's signature away from becoming law the Granite State in January.

If you've never called, don't be intimidated. It will only take a couple minutes. The staffer will ask what your comment is; tell them you oppose HB 109, 514, 564, and 696 and that you are requesting Gov. Sununu to VETO them when they reach his desk. You will be asked for your name and where you reside. That's all there is to it.

Please call him before the start of this weekend. He needs to know that there are many of us that oppose these bills. He has not yet come out and specifically said he will veto these bills yet, so he needs to get the message!

thanks for the update. I'll be calling right after work today

My guess is Sununu signs at least one of them.

Just called and had to leave a voice mail...do they listen to those as well?

#impressed Wow a party that has read and understands the Constitutions

Concord, NH - NHGOP Chairman Stephen Stepanek released the following statement regarding anti-gun legislation passing the New Hampshire Senate today:

"With the passage of several pieces of intrusive and flawed firearm legislation today, Democrats in the Senate have joined Democrats in the House in an all-out assault on the Second Amendment. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked New Hampshire as part of their "Best States" rankings as the safest state in the nation - that level of safety is a by-product of our strong and responsible culture of gun ownership. Republicans in the both the House and the Senate stood united against this gun grabbing bills and I commend every Republican legislator for listening to their constituents and holding the line on these bad pieces of legislation."

###

HB 109-FN, requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.

HB 514-FN, imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.

HB 564, relative to possession of firearms on school property.

HB 696-FN, establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults

New Hampshire Republican State Committee
10 Water Street, Concord, NH 03301

Back
Top Bottom