NH out of state ccw permit????

I sent my application in on March the 6th and still have not seen my permit. This is not a problem, as I dont need it until the end of May ( for a family vacation ) but, where its been over 6 weeks should I call to check on it? Is there a number to call and check on the status ? drb

As has been pointed out here several times, strictly by the law, they have 14-days to issue or denigh in writting your request for a concealled carry. (And yes, this applies to both Resident and Non-Resident. I thought it only applied to Resident until I read the RSA, the two are actually lumped together)

While you may want to bring this up to try to speed your processing along, I wouldn't push too hard, if you come off as buligerant, it's likely to actually slow the process down.

I sent mine in the Beginning of Feb and they still haven't even cashed my check yet.

The recording you get when you call says 10 weeks.

As has been pointed out here several times, strictly by the law, they have 14-days to issue or denigh in writting your request for a concealled carry. (And yes, this applies to both Resident and Non-Resident. I thought it only applied to Resident until I read the RSA, the two are actually lumped together)

While you may want to bring this up to try to speed your processing along, I wouldn't push too hard, if you come off as buligerant, it's likely to actually slow the process down.

do you know of anyone that tried the 14 day route with non-res? what was the outcome?

do you know of anyone that tried the 14 day route with non-res? what was the outcome?

I don;t know if it was true, but I did hear a story in which someone did. Supposedly they lost. The reason: for non-res part of the process involves checking that your license in your home state is valid and not just a fake/copy that you sent in. And that is generally what they are waiting on.

Would have been funny if it set a precedent, that the SP would just deny a license if they didn't hear back from the requester home state.

Last edited:
To follow up on my original post....... The check was cashed last week ( although the fee is $20, somehow it got cashed for $27 grrrrrr ) I received my permit today ( 6/27 ) If I can ad correctly that 113 days from the date of mailing the application. drb

Back
Top Bottom